mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
maybe its just me... but maybe this DCC exploit was a way for khaled to get everyone to switch over to the new mirc so that we were all nagged by this annoying pay for me or delete me popup.... coincidence?

Last edited by NightCrawler8283; 11/11/03 03:27 PM.

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
#59852 11/11/03 03:13 PM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Get a life.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
#59853 11/11/03 03:23 PM
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
dude... wtf.. what the hell is your problem.. why would u just come here to say that.... and u say for me to get a life... im just bringing an idea to the table for people to talk about.. so check yourself... stop being such a pia

-Nick (Darko)
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
Babel fish
Babel fish
Read this and stop whining. There's been enough "discussions" about this in the past. You can continue to use mIRC without paying. If you find the popup too annoying, there are 2 choices:

1. Register mIRC for $20. There's even an option to pay $10.
2. Uninstall mIRC.

N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
<deleted by moderator>?! i said intelligent replies... and where did u see me whining?! i dont give a rats *** about the popup. i paid for my mirc. i dont have to deal with that crap... i am merely saying that right after the release of 6.1 there was this popup and then all a sudden there was this exploit.. now just about EVERYONE has had to upgrade and be forced to see this nag window. i am ONLY expressing that maybe this goes deeper.. maybe this is a way khaled decided to make more of a buck... i dont care really... its just something to think about.... oh and this really pisses me off when u people reply to me with stupid ish blaming me for something.... if u dont like the post... for christs sake DONT POST AT ALL grow up all of you....

Last edited by ParaBrat; 11/11/03 09:06 PM.

-Nick (Darko)
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
Z
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Z
I see it's "Hypocrite Hour" on these boards lately.

Quote:
if u dont like the post... for christs sake DONT POST AT ALL grow up all of you....

You didn't like their posts, so why did you post back at them?

They gave you very intelligent replies, but anything that you don't agree to seems to be quite the opposite in your eyes. How about YOU grow up?

You won't like it when I get angry.
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
there is no conspirecy for paying coz you ALWAYS had to pay for mirc, and mirc was ALWAYS shareware, and mirc was ALWAYS free to use without time limit...

if you need inteligent answer then ask Einstein for some...
(if you find him...)

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
What a ludicrous idea. mIRC has been shareware for many years, the only diff is that starting with v6.11 you could no longer check a box to not show the "nag" screen. Note i said 6.11. After the dcc exploit Khaled rushed to release v6.12 to give users a version the exploit wouldnt effect. It is everyone's personal choice whether to continue to use versions effected by the exploit (6. to 6.11). To accuse Khaled of creating an exploit is absurd and illogical.

Judging by YOUR escalating insults and language, this thread is going downhill fast. Thread closed.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard