mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#59487 08/11/03 10:30 AM
C
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
C
As a regular trawler of these boards, and since the register screen now flashes at you in red, we have seen a large amount of posts where people have been using mIRC beyond the 30 day period and aren't happy about it.
There's no point explaining to them that mIRC stopped being freeware one hell of a long time ago; but I think it would be beneficial to place a sticky post at the top of this forum (with a topic like this to draw in all the disgruntled people) that outlines the how and why of the shareware nature of mirc.
That way we could then just delete the stupid posts instead of piling post after post on them that say the same things.

I'd suggest it mentions there are alternatives; perhaps even provide a google search link; plus a nice and plain "PAYING FOR MIRC IS THE LEGAL THING TO DO" etc message; plus just deleting posts of that nature which don't add anything to the forum.

Just a thought, if others have further suggestions, feel free to jump on (maybe hijack) the bandwagon.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Considering how often questioons are asked that are answered in sticky topics, I don't believe it'd do much good.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't see it doing much good also. People whom think this have little to no reguard for mirc, and want to be "heard" anyways. The best way to get the most attention is them posting their own pointless, self-centered topic. Posting a "sticky" won't change anything.

-KingTomato
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Their mIRC 'nag' msg is 'sticky' enough.

"ytytyt = a lamers' version of asdf"
C
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
C
Oh I know it won't stop them, BUT it gives us an excuse to point to the sticky and have an admin _delete_ the 30+ post thread about this and that bad aspect of paying.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Don't see much point in deleting the posts, but it DOES make it much easier to answer the same tedious question about the whole mIRC registration thing. Simply provide a "click here" link smile

The reason I don't see much point in deleting them is that I'm sure *some* people will see the other posts and go clicking at them, and inevitably see the answer. What's more, it returns a higher amount of results when using the Search feature! (Yep, that little unknown, but incredibly useful tool at the top!)

Either way, ParaBrat has added one - tankya!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
While i imagine we will still get questions/comments, hopefully the sticky will be useful. At least save us all some typing smile

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard