Print Thread
#59306 06/11/03 11:27 AM
S
soulz Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Well.. I am making a script.. and I want to mimic some of the features from scripts like ircN.. mainly things like how when you join a channel.. it displays the topic info but not like a generic un scripted irc would.. It has a diffrent display..

Like it some how stops the current display and the shows it the way it wants to show it.. if that makes any sence to anyone.. and anyone can help me out on the concept.

I just wanna know if it involves raw events or what ever... and if so.. what would be the appropriate way to go about scripting somethig like that.? confused

Dejavue is only proof that dreams really do come true.
#59307 06/11/03 02:00 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
/help halting default text
/help on topic

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no
#59308 06/11/03 04:45 PM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Raw events are messages sent to your client by the server. To find out if any are being sent, if a particular message is a raw event, or to have a script trigger when you receive one, put the following code in your remotes. It will open a window, in which all the raw events your client receives are pasted. The first word (the number) is the unique numeric which you can use to actually make your script trigger on a specific raw event received.

Code:
raw *:*: {
  if (!$window(@raws)) window @raws
  aline @raws $numeric ]] $1-
  halt
}

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
#59309 06/11/03 09:11 PM
S
soulz Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Just want to say thanks that actually helped out alot.. I dont think I would have found that in the help file alone.. and the script LocutusofBorg gave me works alot better then what I had to identify the raw numerics.. thanks to both of you grin

Dejavue is only proof that dreams really do come true.

Link Copied to Clipboard