Print Thread
#58750 02/11/03 04:00 AM
C
colt45 Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
C

Text in colours, maybe bold, underline too?

Get my drift? - Maybe that'll help us newbie coders (like myself) :tongue:

laugh

#58751 02/11/03 04:47 AM
A
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
Windows editbox controls don't support colours, bold, or underline; just plain text.

#58752 02/11/03 05:06 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mirc could load features from richedit dlls..

http://MTec89Net.com
irc.freenode.net #MTec89Net
#58753 02/11/03 05:49 AM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
there are several things mirc does that windows itself doesnt support entirely, using that as a reason is a poor excuse. adding to the program is ability to grow, granted im not saying your wrong on your opinion it wouldnt be a usefull addition, but then again i do feel it would make reading scripts alot nicer.

D3m0nnet.com
#58754 02/11/03 06:52 AM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
This is a generic reply.

I'm quite sure that this has been discussed many times before, or something pretty similar has been suggested.

I personally would like to see the script editor turned into an application of its own, and not something that is integrated (as it is now) with mIRC.
This would mean that there could be some nice changes to the script editors interface, such as inbuilt code highlighting, and possibly even a dialog editor (such as the now defunct/not distributed dStudio). I have had a look at mEditor but I'm not really fond of its user interface (although, it does the job ok, I would like to see better support for the XP interface and so on).

I'm quite sure it would be entirely feasible to distribute and keep mIRC at roughly the same size it is now, and yet have a very powerful script editor ship with it, or even available as a seperate download.

This has also been suggested before (that I am very certain of).

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)
#58755 02/11/03 08:02 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Im with neophyte to some degree, but not completly. The mirc editor does it's job--provides the ability of remotes editing from within mirc. Removing it from mirc itself wouldn't serve any purpose but to make it more diffult to edit files if you chose not to downlaod an editor.

nextly, extending your third-party editor idea, i'd like to see it much like visual studio. You have the remote file in a dialog view, and when u double click a button, or an item it goes to the code view, inserting the event..

Ex: You have the dialog editor, making your dialog, and you want to add a button. You add it, position it, then double click. From there, the code is now displayed witht he following:

; click event for btnSubmit
on *:DIALOG:<thedialog>:SCLICK:<buttonId>: {
}

-KingTomato
#58756 02/11/03 10:42 AM
K
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
K
There is already a stand-alone application for mIRC scripts... Can't recall the name, but check mircscripts.org, I've seen and used it.

kristnjov, AMMM honorary bat
#58757 03/11/03 12:20 AM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
This is a generic reply to the two threads above this one...

I did mention that it should be available as a secondary download for mIRC, however, I failed to mention that it should still come packaged with mIRC, it would just be a seperate application. And being able to edit files and so forth would still work, as it is quite easy to set a program up to send signals to other applications.
Having it available as a download would mean that those people that don't have it would be able to download it (eg, if you use mIRC x.xx which doesn't have it with it).
However, I do like your idea. If I actually knew C++ or C#, or some decent language, I probably would have started work on it. As it was, I sat down and started work on the UI for a similar application to mEditor (only in Borland Delphi).
Perhaps someone else in this community who has the knowledge and expertise could take a stab at it.

To the other guy, I did mention mEditor, which is what you can find on mircscripts.org - I have used it, and found it to be really nice, but I didn't quite like the UI of it, and thought it could have been laid out a bit better, and looked a lot nicer.

In all fairness, if the idea I've suggested wasn't implemented, I would at least like to see the script editor window have a tabbed interface so one can view all loaded scripts and switch between them using the tabbed dialog.

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)
#58758 04/11/03 07:46 AM
R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
I don't see any need for the editor to be separate from mirc... sounds like more annoyance when trying to edit stuff.

As far as tabbed view... I don't see a need for that, personally... however I *really* don't like the "More" item at the bottom of the script list menu (View menu, if I remember correctly) for 2 reasons... 1) it adds an extra step to find something I'm trying to open. 2) it sorts the names which puts them out of order from the way I add them which makes me have to look more to find them... if anything, that should be optional.

#58759 04/11/03 09:21 AM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Quote:
Windows editbox controls don't support colours, bold, or underline; just plain text.

lol, Didn't we go through this before?
Nobody is talking about using a windows editbox control.

#58760 05/11/03 01:37 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
My idea of a decent editor:

The way i figure it, the tree on the eft could be set to a specific directory (but defaulted to $mircdir). From there, you can right click in the tree, and select either new dir, or a new remote file. The folders shown would be sub directries, so in this case if i pointed the file to C:\mirc, then i would now have something like..

Code:
C:\mIRC
 |
 |-Themes
 | |-Manager.ini
 | '-RedTheme.ini
 |
 |-Protections
 | |-ctcp.ini
 | |-channel.ini
 | '-other.ini
 |
 '-Bot Commands
   |-Query
   '-Channel
     |-help.ini
     |-accesslist.ini
     '-modes.ini

Hopefully you can follow the directory tree, but thats the idea. With each Tree dir, is a new dir in the same folder the tree is originating in. From there, you can organize the remotes, and make them easily selected. grin

-KingTomato
#58761 05/11/03 04:02 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Sorry, i just released the host doesn't like remote linking >:P Here is the image: mIRC_Editor.PNG (Damn, i miss my domain >:P)

If it gives you a "forbidden", just click refresh...

-KingTomato

Link Copied to Clipboard