Print Thread
#58673 01/11/03 04:16 PM
A
ajpiano Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
when i woke up this morning to my computer, it was making the windows XP default beep like nuts. i looked to find what it was. no keys were being held down or anything.

then i looked at mirc and i tried to run some of the commands that i would normally run. i ran commands that were defined in my aliases, from my own user defined ones to /j for /join. but nothing worked.

i would end up with a
* Break: command halted (line 40, aliases.ini)
* Break: command halted (line 1, aliases.ini)

in addition, my status window is filled up with
* Break: command halted
then i realised that the beeps were coming every time someone typed a line on a channel that i was on. this was kind of annoying.

i restarted mirc, and none of my remote script for connecting to quakenet worked. in fact, mirc was just as broken as before.

i looked up at my toolbar, and on my aliases button was a little red dot. i think this may be a telltale sign of something, but i'm not sure what.

in #help on quakenet they told me to run a virus scan, which i am doing. nothing's turned up yet, and i don't think it's a virus. i may be wrong though.

all i know is i woke up this morning and the peaceful mirc i went to bed next to is now strung out on cocaine and it's panties are all twisted and it's probably pregnant.

help!

--adam

#58674 01/11/03 04:23 PM
A
ajpiano Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
oh yeah, i am running mirc 6.12

--adam

#58675 01/11/03 05:42 PM
M
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
M
i have the same identical problem ajpiano has!!! from this morning too!!! i tried to re-install.. but the problem come again after few seconds.. help!

#58676 01/11/03 08:27 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
search your remote script for: 'on *:text:*:#:{' and 'break'

new username: tidy_trax
#58677 02/11/03 05:05 AM
T
tye Offline
Pikka bird
Pikka bird