mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
While playing with the remotes, and *maybe* taking another attempt at making a new script I came accross this one flaw. You cannot save an empty remote file as a name, until there is some data in it. Now before you say "why do you need to save an empty file", the reasoning is simple. I was trying to get organized first off by just making the files first, then modify them. Example, I wanted to start off my script with files I thought I would make such as theme.mrc, events.mrc, and script00.mrc. Well, as i started to save them, I noticed mIRC doesn't decide to do so. I had to resort to just putting a semicolon in the file and then saving.

At first I thought maybe this was an intentional action on Khaled's part. Maybe Khaled was thinking "why would anyone ant to save an empty file", but then I started to question this when i noticed "Editing <filename>" on the top left of the editor. This, to me, means that mIRC says it saved it as file <filename> and I'm now editing it.

Maybe it's just me.. But I did confirm its actions on 6.1 and 6.12 (didn't test 6.11, but can only assume).

-KingTomato
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I just confirmed this behaviour here.
Personally, I'd simply choose to do "//write -c filename | load -rs filename" instead. But I agree the current behaviour doesn't sound logical.

* cold edits his posts 24/7
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I agree. I too, when starting a new script, organize the files by creating empty ones beforehand.

- Jason
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
i agree, that will save me making the file using notepad smile

new username: tidy_trax

Link Copied to Clipboard