mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#58303 29/10/03 11:09 PM
T
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
T
LOOK, I'm just a poor little kid, And i really need mIRC and i dont have any money for mIRC what can i do!? can i de-grade or sumthin!?

#58304 29/10/03 11:35 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
you're allowed to use mIRC untill you gather money to pay.
there is no way to avoid paying.

http://MTec89Net.com
irc.freenode.net #MTec89Net
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You can use mIRC for a month without paying. Then according to the licence agreement you need to either delete it or register it. Many people register it. Many people have, by the end of a month have got tired of IRC and moved on anyway. Many also continue to use mIRC without registering and just put up with the nag screens.

Will Khaled sue you if you don't register? Probably not - no-one is going to spend a fortune hiring solicitors to chase US$20 from one person in 5 billion.

Will people bag you if you boast about not registering and refusing to register? Probably - because some peeps have parted with hard-earned wages and others are very highly principled and snobby individuals who believe that registration bumps them up a notch in the social set.

In short: Enjoy mIRC and pay when you can afford it. It's the most realistic option. Get your parents to buy you a registration for your next birthday if need be.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
get their parents to buy it? lol i have more usefull stuff to put on that list, like a digi cam or cd r's or a new cd rack etc...

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
with an attitudes like that its a wonder ppl even offer to help u in this forum at all. If you enjoy something that asks u to pay for its use, then u should do the right thing and pay for it. if you think you will get more use out of a digital camera than u would from mirc then i would give u a digital camera for free if u would simpley STOP using mirc. there now tell me how useful mirc is.

D3m0nnet.com
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
aw, now i have to take exception to "highly principled and snobby individuals who believe that registration bumps them up a notch in the social set." going hand in hand in your post as if one equates to the other.

As a typically pitifully paid medic, it took me a while to come up with the full $20, but i did it because its the right thing to do. i'm quite sure many ppl who register do so for the same reason, not out of some misguided status issue.

Do i mentally frown at ppl who will blow $20 on a movie/tshirt/etc and not bother to pay for mIRC cause they can get away with it? And then add insult to injury by bragging about it? Yep. NOT because i think i'm somehow better than them, but because its a sad commentary on their values. Even worse are those who dont pay just because they dont want to, and then have the unmitigated gaul to demand a new feature or gripe about existing one. A person who simply has to take some time to save the $$ but has the intent to pay when they can, gets my respect.

To the original poster: be aware that if money is a true problem, Khaled will accept $10 instead of $20.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
who said that i didnt buy any way? maybe i was being hyptothetical...
ill stop using mirc as soon as you send that free digi cam, because seriouslyu i would use it more than mirc, and i dont need mirc all that much
http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=...mp;catoid=-8025

M
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
M
lol, had to pick out the most expensive camera you could find, eh? :tongue:

Last edited by MDConker; 31/10/03 04:36 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As you'd be aware, I am not singling out anyone, it's not my style. Some people do think they are God's gift because they have registered mIRC though and the fact that some have raised the idea of having some sort of rank or badge here identifying those that have registered proves my point. With all being fair and equitable I think that sort of thing is ridiculous and one reason why I am one who hasn't bothered to declare whether he has a registered copy or not. I don't think it's something that other people are entitled to know any more than they are entitled to know my IP address due to me paying dues to my ISP on time. I don't come here to preach on behalf of Khaled and I wish other people wouldn't.

You say that you are pityfully paid. Well I guess that sucks but I am not exactly Kerry Packer or Rupert Murdoch either. I have two fulltime jobs to make ends meet and leave a few bob left over at the end of the week to do stuff with, oh by the way, I am an electrician and a humble one at that. grin

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
i picked the one that i think is the best one, from use & expirence

S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
Twenty dollars is little compared to what my long distance bill would be if this were not available. It also would be considered strange to just call people at random to meet new and interesting friends. Thanks

Plant impossible gardens, then play in them.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
* Raccoon picks up the phone and randomly dials 1-337-717-7135...
  [color:440000]"Hello?"[/color]
  [color:003333]"How old are you?"[/color]
  [color:440000]"Um, 35 why... who is this?"[/color]
  [color:003333]"What is your sexual preference?"[/color]
  [color:440000]"You've got to be kidding, who IS this?!"[/color]
  [color:003333]"Oh, and where do you live?"[/color]
  [color:440000]"[cencored]... calling the police" *click*[/color]

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
laughing, well Yeah Raccoon something like that I guess. thanks for the chuckle. laugh

#58316 01/11/03 10:45 PM
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Ida know,
as much as I have used & enjoyed mIRC over the years,
thowing a few bucks Khaleds' way doesn't seem that bad.

I imagine paying online may be problematic for some, but there is a real mail option.

"ytytyt = a lamers' version of asdf"
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
very true sandgal! when i consider how much mIRC has added to my life, it was prolly the best $20 i have ever spent.

/me laffs at the Raccoon and imagines expanding the area codes to world wide. we'd all be broke and in jail

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
Sadly its not just here that this type of attitude shows up. Many people complain about not being paid what they are worth, and then turn around and refuse to respect the creative genius or labor of another. There is also another sick attitude, of some, that believe that if a person is passionate about something (job, creations,etc..), they should be happy they are allowed to do it for free. Okay enough words, I have a deadline on a painting, and Yep I am getting paid for it. /grins laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard