Print Thread
#57874 27/10/03 04:57 AM
L
Latasha Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
L
Hi, i can receive files no problem but i can't resume. When i try it just says 'requesting resume' and times out. And the message 'you have a dcc pending, set your client to receive transfer' comes up. I have done all the obvious with the options and i can't seem to fix it. PLease help!!!

#57875 27/10/03 11:59 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Firstly, IRC means Internet Relay Chat - I assume, as you are receiving that particular error message, that you are participating in the illegal download of copyright files. Why not use Kazaa or iMesh, which are meant for illegal downloads (that is of course if you feel that you need to break the law so strongly).

However, for help with that error message, see this post.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#57876 27/10/03 01:11 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Why does everyone nee to give the lecture about "this is chat, not file transfer" "stop downloading illegal files" and all that jaz when you have no idea what thyey are downloading? I understand the majority of users use illegally, but when the user doesn't hint it, don't assueme it. I have no problem with anyone *suggesting* that illegal downloads are an incorect thing to be doing, but don't blame.

The user simple said they had troubles resuming a file. How do you know its not a home video (like you see on those cable commercials "Share with friends, family, bleh bleh")? you don't, so don't assme.

Now that that's out of the way, there are several posts on resume on the forums, that can be found with the search page provided by the forums. Just goto search (link located at the top of the page) Make sure you select all forums, extend the date range, select the AND search behavior, and try:

DCC Resume
Resuming
File Resume

And any others you see fit.

-KingTomato
#57877 02/11/03 03:50 PM
G
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
G
Bravo KingTomato!

i agree with what you are saying 100 %, it's true that there is alot of illeagle transfers going in the irc world. but it's wrong to assume that everyone is doing it also! some people think that they are psychic and know all , but infact they know nothing period! it erks me when others jump the gun like that.

Link Copied to Clipboard