mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Greetings, forum users.

We all know from continuous experience that we will occasionally be forced to read compost material; that being a given, there is no need whatever to give in to the desire to respond to it.

This guy is just another poor example (and he's not even very good at it, as his nickname on these forums aptly illustrates). Don't get bent out of shape by his ilk. If you see a post from him (or those blighted similarly), just pass it by...don't even bother reading it. Definitely don't bother responding or replying to them, as this just creates more compost.

Sometimes, we moderators will step in and simply remove the thread or the post. In the meantime, laugh at him if you feel like it, but please don't "feed the animals." Eventually (as their intelligence is rather limitted, so is their attention span), they will go away. Most likely, they forget where we are, which will be fine with us.

There are users and then are lusers; learn to differentiate between the two and respond accordingly.

Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own, but I would imagine that most of the other moderators feel similarly.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Ok, I have managed to find one DEFINITE cause of this error 10053. It is very unlikely that it is any of YOUR causes but still, it triggers the abort.

Code:
On *:OP:*:{  
  :doploop
  mode $chan -ooo $snick($chan)
  goto doploop
} 

Whack that into your mIRC editor and join an empty channel so you have ops. Fire up a clone (in the same mIRC instance, get it to join that channel and op it. Both server connections will terminate straight away (at least, it does with me (mIRC 6.03 and Win2k)). And no, I'm not gonna explain WHY I wrote this particular piece of code :tongue:

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is called "being flooded off the server."

You will note a signficant difference in error messages you receive from the server when doing this. Generally along the lines of "Excess Flood". Also being an infinite loop, the other may simply "Ping Timeout" for not responding after so long.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
No, you don't get dicon for flood or whatever. The connection is closed before anyone gets de-op'd at all. That script triggers something in mIRC that causes the connection to abort instantly as soon as your clone is given ops. Try it and you'll see you get the error 10053 in your status window smile

I have tested this extensively and it happens to me every time without fail. Also, I know it is an infinite loop but there was a condition originally set to break that loop. I pasted only the section above because that's what I have narrowed the 10053 trigger down to.

Finally, I noticed it started triggering the 10053 message when I used $snick instead of $nick($chan,o) (which I discovered didn't work, hence the swap to $snick).

Either way, it reproduces the 10053 message every time and as far as I know, it's the only method I have of reliably reproducing said error message. Just thought I'd be helpful and share my findings smile

M
mwm Offline
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
M
This annoying issue happens to me too. I have tried to downgrade mIRC but the problem is still the same.

But today I tried to close eMule while keeping mIRC opened, and the connection didn't go down.

Anybody tried this? Thanks.

nihil satis nisi optimum
L
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
L
Why'd you delete my post el censorship Hammer? Hammer, with all that said...what's your point? Speaking of 'Hammer' does anyone here remember MC Hammer? "It's hammer time!" ... and then he went broke. Oh yeah, and if you have any other personal attacks against me just send them privately to me...

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
ill say it here, your name matches your attitude.

new username: tidy_trax
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
May I refer you to Hammer's most recent post in this thread. grin

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
I am formally requesting that this thread be locked to prevent further comments by people that act like this fool loser. Anyone agree?

L
L
Attempts to be an offensive troll have been censored by d00dman. Please move along.

Last edited by d00dman; 24/07/03 09:13 PM.
D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
Kindly take your trolling elsewhere.

This thread is dead.

-c

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard