mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Z
zack Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Z
Not sure of the exact cause of this, but I've been having this problem for a long time (since v6.*, it didn't occur in 5.91), I just hadn't had time to put it here. I am using Windows XP Home and currently 6.12. It's a bit hard to explain, but I'll try...

mIRC keeps a buffer of all messages/joins/etc in the channel window (we all know this), but when the buffer starts to grow larger the scrollbar from within that window, be it channel, query, dcc chat, status, etc., doesn't 'update' properly.
Say the scrollbar is 3mm big, when you grab it, scroll completely up to the top of the window then back down it again, it 'grows' to about 3cm (for example), and vise versa, it grows and shrinks randomly.
Using my scrollwheel on my house causes the window to 'shake' up and down. Pressing "Page UP" only makes it jump like 6 lines. Both these problems can be fixed by grabbing the scroller and moving it up to the top and then back to the bottom, and all returns to normal.

I hope I explained it alright... What's up with this?

You won't like it when I get angry.
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
yes ive also noticed this affect too, one thing to mention is do u have an up to date mouse driver? are u using one from the mouse company or one from microsoft, sometimes that may also make a difference. i only experiance this in mirc and not in any other programs, im kinda curious about it also.

D3m0nnet.com
Z
zack Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Z
Logitech mouse drivers, it's also affected by the keyboard as well (page up + down buttons).

T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
yup, its some sort of screen buffer/scrollbar inconsistancy
and its frikken annoying when you're trying to read a large log

Babel fish
Babel fish
Don't really get you. However, I've tried grabbing the scroll bar, scroll fully up, halfway up, up and down. Whatever, the size remains the same. Using a brand-less scroll mouse which says PS/2 Compatible Mouse under device manager. v6.12 xppro sp1 grin

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
what visual display style are you using? i've noticed my logitech gets cranky unless i use noframe

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Z
zfr Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
Z
Hi

I have the same Page Up and Page Down buttons problem here.

It sometimes doesn't scoll up or down 1 page, it just seems to scoll like half of the page or something. I noticed that it usually happens in the windows of large channels where there's too much activity.

Babel fish
Babel fish
I'm using no frames here. Maybe that explains why I'm not affected? smile

No frame, Light switchbar font selected, Hide bar separators selected, Switch buttons selected, Black border colour, Border size 1.

Z
zack Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Z
I turned on noframe and it doesn't seem to do it anymore... Perhaps it was that, I used "Thin Frame" previously.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
been like that ever since we could make the frame choice for me and others. seems logitech drivers get cranky easily crazy

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
G
GTS Offline
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
G
I got the same effect here on Win2k ... using a microsoft (intelli explorer) mouse and the standard microsoft mouse drivers (delivered with windows .. ).

I had the same effect with my previous noname mouse (using microsoft drivers too..)

proud to be baka
--> GTSdll Homepage <--
Z
zack Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Z
Nope, still has the same effect no matter what frame type I use.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I hate posted this bug for 6.03 already complete with screenshots and the likes...

not seen it in 6.12 afaik... not happend to me anyways

with 6.03 it happend sometimes... but the reason why was not clear. it wasn't with very busy channels or anything... just a few windows that were affected from time to time.

text that spread more lines was just cut in half (first line of the buffer)

really weird bug it was

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Link Copied to Clipboard