thing Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
hello

sorry not for reading everything...
is mirc 6.12 still bugged?

i am asking this because, there is someone in a undernet channel (those wich we all know hehe) wich keeps sending a file to everyone... i don't know what this is because with my normal mirc i only get "invalid parameters"... but if i join with my mirc with sphoofileserver it will crash mirc...
i tried sphoo in mirc 6.12 and 6.3 and both crash

other question, what do i need to do to use mirc with zonealarm 4 professional... dcc send does't work i think.
thanks

goodbye

#57232 24/10/03 06:43 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
try search the forum, thats a bug in mirc.. search for DCC

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
#57233 24/10/03 08:20 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
re ZA: you will need to tell it to allow mIRC and set up the ports you want open for dcc, then put those ports in mIRC's options under dcc/options

re dcc "invalid aprameters" thats the msg you would see if someone tries that exploit on you and fails. as for sphoo, sounds like the problem is within that script since all is as it should be without it. seems to me someone else posted about that script, use the search feature, set it to all forums, and expand the date range a month using sphoo as search term.
could be a conflict or the script isnt updated for use with newer versions, have you contacted whoever wrote the script?

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#57234 24/10/03 08:49 PM
T
thing Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
hello

i know this is a mirc bug... its just strange that with the fileserver it still happens...
it was me who posted about sphoo... sounds like that crash is because of someone sending me that exploit file
is there any other way to avoid mirc crashing? as i said, i need to make sphoo file server run! everytime someone is going to send me the file it crashes... any way?

sorry for this lazzy question, whats the conclusion of the post that says that the exploit still exists in mirc 6.12?

hmmm anyone with zonealarm professional can guide me to enable dcc sends, as you said i need to open ports but im afraid i can break the security

thanks!

goodbye

#57235 25/10/03 06:32 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
mIRC without script: doesnt crash
mIRC with script: crash
Since it doesnt happen when you dont use that script, that says the script is at fault in some way. You need to contact whoever wrote it.

Re the exploits, see http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/mirc/exploit.html
You have seen for yourself that the one that 6.12 was released to correct doesnt crash 6.12

re ZoneAlarm, if you are going to open ports, then you of course effect overall security. Thats why its important to be very careful who you accept files from. You can limit a range of ports, you dont have to open every port from the default range of 1024-5000, just be sure to put the ports you allow in mIRC's options.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#57236 28/10/03 01:43 PM
T
thing Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
hello

i have no problems with zonealarm now, thanks.

but i still need to fix the mirc exploit... every time i run the file server mirc crashes when someone sends me that bad file...
is there any way for me to fix this?
please dont start telling me to stop or get other file server!!!
isnt there a option\way to avoid mirc crashing
thanks

goodbye

Link Copied to Clipboard