mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Z
zack Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Z
Type /timer 0 2 say hi into any channel, let it say 'hi' a couple of times, and then switch to another channel. Since you've used the /say command without giving any #channel parameter you'd expect it to continue to /say in the active window, but it doesn't.

Not only does it continue to say it in the channel in which the timer was set, it also flashes the switchbar channel button in the Display -> Message colour, when it's you sending the message.
If you type /timer 0 2 msg #channel hi it works as normal, but also displays the tab in the Display -> Event colour, as normal.

*shrug*

You won't like it when I get angry.
M
MRN Offline
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
M
I may be on thin ice, now, but I think the mIRC Help file said that one should noe use /say in scripts, use /msg instead. Eventhough /say works, it's not recommended.

Second, the timer will just repeats. It will not update.

//timer 0 1 { echo -a Time: $time } <- will just repeat the time when the timer started.
//timer 0 1 { echo -a Time: $!time } <- the ! will force mIRC to update the identifier before executing the timer.

So, change the method, (use $!chan or $!active ?) or something smile

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
wow thanks you learn something new everyday
i have been using the format $ $+ command
ill use $!command from now on much nicer

hehe just worked out each ! adds a extra non evaluation.
ie:
timer 0 600 timer 10 10 echo Ten min timer went off at $!time this is a repeating message at $!!time

much much better than
timer 0 600 timer 10 10 echo Ten min timer went off at $ $+ time this is a repeating message at $ $ $+ + time

Link Copied to Clipboard