Print Thread
#56001 19/10/03 02:08 AM
J
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
Hi there,

maybe an odd idea but some script editors, html editors and other programming language editors have parts of code shown in different colours, and the possibility to change the colours used. Like say I would want to see all names of aliases in blue i could see them in blue, and if i'd like to see all identifiers in purple i could see them in purple. For me this would be a great help to make scripting easier, and likely for others too. Of course I understand that that's not the intention of mIRC, but still... I'd like the idea, as crazy as it is. crazy

Johan_NL smile

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
this might not be a bad way to help find things easier in the code ... but others may complain it will help ppl rip thier scripts easier as ppl can read them alil easie. i personally like the idea but again im sure there will be those who dont

D3m0nnet.com
J
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
Likely: yes. But ANY written code can be cracked. The German Enigma machines weren't safe, the code of the Japanese Imperial Navy was cracked before the war even started, and when someone invents a new programming language it only takes a short while for others to crack the codes. (I'm not saying I'm that smart though lol) So if people really dont want other people to look into their code: wouldn't you agree with me that they shouldnt distribute it then ? wink

I do think colours in the Script Editor is a good idea, as it makes it easier for people to enhance their mIRC to their own likings. That's what the Scripts Editor is made for, and it would make a great addition in my opinion. smile

Thanks for your support on this one, _D3m0n_ laugh

Johan_NL smile

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
yes i do agree on the dont release your scripts out if your worried about them being ripped ... ive even stated that in the past. and really i am personally all for this being added it really would help me in my own scripts ... like going back acouple years and trying to figure out what i did on something at the time... its really hard to think of it all. this could help in those situations

D3m0nnet.com
A
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
Not possible; windows editbox controls don't support colors.

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
lol, who mentioned using a standard windows Edit control? Btw, mIRC currently uses a Rich Edit, Without formatting.

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Quote:
But ANY written code can be cracked.

Slightly off topic but interesting: not EVERY piece of written code can be cracked. One document - The Voynich Manuscript - has remained undeciphered for several hundred years despite some of the worlds best code-breaking minds dedicating decades of their life at a time to cracking it. It's certainly interesting stuff if you research it a little smile

J
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
lol Okay, I stand corrected. grin

What about your opinion on colour support for the Scripts Editor though ? wink

Johan_NL smile

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Sure, I think it's a good idea if it'll help people learn mIRC script easier smile

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
I think this is a great idea, but I was also thinking about it the other day, and I thought about an auto-complete like Visual Basic that could help people make repeditive scripts.

It can display things like:
the variables in the variables section
identifiers and aliases in the current file and alias section (aliases can have their identifier counterpart in the list too)

But thats just an idea.

mIRC 6.21 - Win XP Pro (SP2) - 2.4 Ghz - 1 GB Mem
irc.x-tab.org
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Also a bit off topic, but one time cypher pads are also very hard to crack.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say its impossible, unless you have a sample of the pad that the message was sent with.

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)
M
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
M
So is this possible at all? i would love to have the code in color... it's pretty difficult to read without..

J
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
I think you can do a lot in a window: doesn't have to be a Windows editbox per say. I mean: in a channel window you can make nicknames coloured, even whole messages if you like. So maybe instead of writing things in an editbox you might just write in a window, and instead of sending stuff to and and getting things from a server it might just read from and write to a .mrc file ? wink

Johan_NL smile

Link Copied to Clipboard