mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
I have tried to set the font to one of my choosing for Status . I have tried setting it from Options. I have typed /font and set it that way. I have typed /font (size) (fontname). I have typed /quit to save it, and used the X to quit, but nothing will save the selection. Every time I quit and reconnect, it ALWAYS goes to the mIRC default. I have even edited the mirc.ini to set it. Didn't work. The strange thing is that ALL channel windows have a check box to set the font as default on what you select for them, but Status has NO check box for this. WHY?

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
As far as why there's not a checkbox, there never was before altho we never had multiserve before 6.0 so it wasnt needed altho it would make sence for a new feature. I'd agree with it.

As for why it wont keep, I havent a clue. The only thing I could think of is a screwed mirc.ini file, but that shouldnt be your first line of thinking for every issue. What version of mirc do you have? Is it only with this version that it's happeneing - meaning have you used other mircs and has this issue happened before?

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
I am using 6.12 and you are right, there has not been any check box for default font in Status. I have to use perform to do the font change with /font -sd (size) (fontname). Also, it would be NICE to have hyperlinked in the mirc.hlp file the section you call up by typing /help /font for it to go straight to that section /font instead of scrolling to the command.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
have you tried installing a fresh 6.12 into a diff directory? If so, does the issue remain?

N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
this problem has been since version 6.03. And, Yes it does the same on a new folder install.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Just weird - Ive kept my settings since 3.2 for as long as we've been able to and I never ran into that issue. Make the suggestion about the default font option for status windows - would solve your problem and is a good idea (so you should get the credit) smile

Link Copied to Clipboard