mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#55241 16/10/03 06:23 AM
2D4EVER Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I want to write join quotes for the regulars who come into my channel. I have all the quotes and all the code but it doesn't work right. It's probably totally wrong but can anyone help out? I'd appreciate it very much. grin

Here's what I have right now:

on 1*:JOIN:#kfc-cinema:{ if (($nick == Infecta)) { //msg $chan [13:11] <Infecta> I got expelled from 3 high schools [13:12] <Infecta> before being sent to a special boarding school in Englands equivilent of Idaho - Gloucestershire ! [13:12] <Infecta> so I drove a tractor through the local cricket pavillion [13:12] <Infecta> MWAHAHAHA ! } || (($nick == Jasse)) { //msg $chan "You will never own the Ren and Stimpy dvds! MUHAHAHA!" } || (($nick == yoshimi)) { //msg $chan [19:46] <yoshimi> Goodnight, chawbacon! } || (($nick == $me)) { //msg $chan 2D4EVER } || (($nick == Sanban)) { //msg $chan [21:10] <nabnaS> look, yoshimi i'm connected to 0 peers and 0 seeds, and it says I have 300 hours left } || (($nick == NeoSepharan)) { //msg $chan [23:03] <NeoSepharan> is it wrong that im talking to a 12 yo girl } || (($nick == TheArtofFighting)) { //msg $chan Another Gackt lover! GET HIM! } || (($nick == scar))
{ //msg $chan [14:36] <scar> you don't know how horrible the french accent is } || (($nick == sanjuro)) { //msg $chan [23:11] <Sanjuro> i'm like a cross between Vincent Vega and Frodo } || (($nick == Isak)) { //msg $chan [12:59] <Isak> try gay aware [12:59] <Isak> it will tell you gackt is a fag } || (($nick == eddyjackson)) { //msg $chan [22:58] * eddyjackson makes prodip crash one more time, just to show importance of upgrading } || (($nick == LMF-Prodip)) { //msg $chan [22:57] <LMF-Prodip> "Børk! Børk! Børk!" } || (($nick == nineballninja)) { //msg $chan [01:22] <nineballninja> my balls ache for it } }

#55242 16/10/03 06:49 AM
S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
well you don't have to have //msg when having it inside brackets. msg wutever is good enough. as far as sending something to someone when they join:

on *:join:#kfc-cinema: {
if ($nick == wutever) { msg $chan wutever }
}

thats just a very basic script. You can do alot more to it than just that, but thats just an example. What i would do tho is make a dialog or something that ask's u to input a name and it will write to a file and save the names there and just use: if ($nick isin filename) blah blah, but thats just me smile

#55243 16/10/03 06:56 AM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
just correcting your code:

Code:
on  *:JOIN:#kfc-cinema: {
 if ($nick == Infecta) { //msg $chan [13:11] &lt;Infecta&gt; I got expelled from 3 high schools [13:12] &lt;Infecta&gt; before being sent to a special boarding school in Englands equivilent of Idaho - Gloucestershire ! [13:12] &lt;Infecta&gt; so I drove a tractor through the local cricket pavillion [13:12] &lt;Infecta&gt; MWAHAHAHA ! }
 if ($nick == Jasse) { //msg $chan "You will never own the Ren and Stimpy dvds! MUHAHAHA!" }
 if ($nick == yoshimi) { //msg $chan [19:46] &lt;yoshimi&gt; Goodnight, chawbacon! }
 if ($nick == $me) { //msg $chan 2D4EVER }
 if ($nick == Sanban) { //msg $chan [21:10] &lt;nabnaS&gt; look, yoshimi i'm connected to 0 peers and 0 seeds, and it says I have 300 hours left }
 if ($nick == NeoSepharan) { //msg $chan [23:03] &lt;NeoSepharan&gt; is it wrong that im talking to a 12 yo girl }
 if ($nick == TheArtofFighting) { //msg $chan Another Gackt lover! GET HIM! }
 if ($nick == scar) { //msg $chan [14:36] &lt;scar&gt; you don't know how horrible the french accent is }
 if ($nick == sanjuro) { //msg $chan [23:11] &lt;Sanjuro&gt; i'm like a cross between Vincent Vega and Frodo }
 if ($nick == Isak) { //msg $chan [12:59] &lt;Isak&gt; try gay aware [12:59] &lt;Isak&gt; it will tell you gackt is a fag }
 if ($nick == eddyjackson) { //msg $chan [22:58] * eddyjackson makes prodip crash one more time, just to show importance of upgrading }
 if ($nick == LMF-Prodip) { //msg $chan [22:57] &lt;LMF-Prodip&gt; "Børk! Børk! Børk!" }
 if ($nick == nineballninja) { //msg $chan [01:22] &lt;nineballninja&gt; my balls ache for it }
}

I suppose you could also use elseifs after the first if..... I would highly recommend you read the help file regarding proper syntax of if-then-else statements to become familiar with them smile Hope this helps

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
#55244 16/10/03 01:31 PM
2D4EVER Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Alright thanks a lot. laugh I will read up on the if else statements. You know the code you wrote looks pretty much like what I started off with but I think I didn't do the bracketing right. I thought it was because you couldn't have more than one of those if statements so I tried changing it to || and &&.

Link Copied to Clipboard