Print Thread
A
Alex99 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
A
Hi
Sorry but like many others users i don't like 6.1x.

I ask to the users who wants a 6.0x fixed version to post in this thread.
They will know how many we are.

I think Khaled can make a little patch, just edit the code, compile and make a patch to modify the 6.03 exe

Don't tell me "if you don't like, make your own irc client"
I like the 6.03 version.

Thanks
Alex
( Engllish is not my first language )

Last edited by Alex99; 14/10/03 02:16 PM.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I'm sure Khaled and the mIRC team are well aware of how many users like 6.03 over 6.1x. However, I doubt he has the time (and perhaps not the resources?) to stop work on the next version of mIRC, just to re-release 6.03. This would also be very confusing to new mIRC users.

If you are so worried about the bug, upgrade to 6.12. He and many others, as stated in other posts on this Forum, worked very hard at very short notice to release that version, so be grateful for what you're given. Either that, or wait for codemastr to release his wonderful DLL that is going to fix the bug in 6.03..either that or it makes 6.1x look like 6.03 but with the fixes, one of the two.

Until that time, or if someone else releases a working patch, feel free to use the /ignore -wd * fix smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
If you like the look of a program, then you dont want to update to a version that looks like crap (thats what i think about some things in the new version), why not try help the 6.03 users to get a patch instead? i dont run windows XP cos i dont like the look of it, and i will never change to that version of windows, microsoft says it's the "best" win version, but i get more problem with that win ver then i ever had/have with windows 2000 .. and it dosent mather if 10000000 users say to me that it's bether with win XP or mirc 6.12 , it dont look the way i want it to look, i cant change the things i want to change.. so dont say to users to "upgrade", if they wanted to upgrade, then they had done that for a long time ago.. (when 6.1 come out), i like the 6.03 version cos i can change the name of the exe to what i want, and i also dont have to see the register thingie all the time (for the users that havent registered cos of diffrent reasons) and more..

NOTE:
I just took windows and microsoft as an example!!!!

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
And once again:

"I'm sure Khaled and the mIRC team are well aware of how many users like 6.03 over 6.1x. However, I doubt he has the time (and perhaps not the resources?) to stop work on the next version of mIRC, just to re-release 6.03. This would also be very confusing to new mIRC users."

AND

"Either that, or wait for codemastr to release his wonderful DLL that is going to fix the bug in 6.03..either that or it makes 6.1x look like 6.03 but with the fixes, one of the two."

This topic is getting old. Every pedantic point of view, explanation and reason has been mentioned. It's just tedious.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
>> Either that, or wait for codemastr to release his wonderful DLL that is going to fix the bug in 6.03.. <<

this looks like a laugh to codemastr's effort to improve old mIRC... apology is necessary

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Not at all - I am in fact glad codemastr has the effort to create something like this for a client which, he says, he's not going to use anymore smile - And seeing as quite a few people dislike 6.1x, it will also help many users in the process, so good for him!

Happy chatting.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
A
Alex99 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
few people only ?
tssssssss

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
"quite a few people"

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
I'm sure Khaled and the mIRC team are well aware of how many users like 6.03 over 6.1x. However, I doubt he has the time (and perhaps not the resources?) to stop work on the next version of mIRC, just to re-release 6.03. This would also be very confusing to new mIRC users.

Yup you're right, I'm sure he knows. But the question is, does he care? The answer to that seems to be no. Btw, why would it be confusing really? MS is currently selling 4 versions of Windows (XP Home, XP Pro, 2000, 2003) and I've yet to hear anyone saying "Wait, which version is newest?" Or "which one has the most features?" If you're that stupid, you might want to get rid of your computer because you're the kind of person who will have 500 exploits and viruses on your machine within a week.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In all the changes between 6.03, and 6.12--I dont see many references to a change in the coding of a ctcp event, other than the following:

90.In the DCC Resume and Accept ctcp messages, mIRC now uses the
original transfer filename instead of "file.ext".
91.A single toolbar button is now used for the editor dialog. The
red light is now on when any of ctcp/event/raw are enabled, and
off when they are all disabled. A right-click on the toolbar
button now displays a most recently used files list.

This tells me Khaled, assuming he has the 6.03 source, can simple "cut and paste" the modification of the ctcp, recompile, and make everyone happy.

I'm trying to pick sides here, and if I'm wrong let me know, but why is this a hard task to keep presumibly a lot of people happy?

-KingTomato
L
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
L
Great minds thinks alike! I prefered 6.03 too And many still insist on using 6.03 and yet our mIRC keep getting crashed by the DCC exploit. Wouldn't it be nice if Khaled make a patch for 6.03 or to make a new 6.04 with DCC exploit fix to replace 6.03 like what he did to 6.1 and 6.11with the version 6.12. The fact is many don't really like the 6.1 versions. I cannot rename of mIRC exe with the 6.1 versions and hence I can't keep more than one script shortcut icons on my desktop. Worse is I can't use the mirc lockeditor.dll to lock my script remote anymore with the 6.1 versions. The peak of the chatters in net that I frequent dropped 30% since the DCC exploit attacks. Even in the forum of some scripting web that I frequent, people are all hoping for a DCC exploit fix for 6.03 instead of updating to 6.12. Sadly someone only managed to create a exploit fix for the 6.1 & 6.11.

Khaled, pls work something out for the voices of the displeasing users and also to create a lock which scriptors can set a password to lock/unlock the scripts editor so that others couldn't easily rip from the script that I created for my channel. Spare a thought not just for the normal users, but also the scriptors who loves scripting add-ons with your mIRC irc client.

Lord didn't come to call for the righteous, but sinners to repent.
K
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
K
I totally agree with you! mIRC 6.03 was much better than the 6.1x series, either for the look or for the fact that since 6.1, Khaled has sold his soul to that [censored] called Visual Studio .NET

The checksum and name restrictions really bothers me too... luckily I found a way around it grin

_____
Sick of mIRC? Try KoroIRC.
M
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
M
I agree 100%

I hate Visual Studio .NET

Link Copied to Clipboard