Of course Undernet laugh
Undernet Rulz cool
or not?

Sixto
M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
There is no BEST IRC network. Each has its own benefits for users.
Some users prefere small networks, others want large networks. Some want IRC networks with Services support for channel and nick name registrations, others dislike it.
Some users use it just for chatting others use it as a place to communicate about different topics or search for information on those topics.
This is one reason for different types of IRC networks. Choose the one which best suits your personal needs. smile

DALnet: #HelpDesk, #mIRC, #MISHScript - Undernet: #mIRC, #mIRC-Scripts
W
Babel fish
Babel fish
W
Best in what regards? DALnet is the best when it comes to oper/user communication and services. Undernet is best when it comes to security. Efnet just plain sucks. No services, oper vhosts, too much vanity kills, and way too many kills for personal reasons. Then again, that's why other networks exist, because of Efnet's corruption. mad I could also go on to say why my network rulesgrin, but your topic covers only the 3.

Acquire. Analyze. Adapt.
I
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
I
I agree what Merlin said.

D
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
D
GlobIRC :tongue: cool

--
http://www.globirc.net
irc.globirc.net
K
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
K
so it's rather ridiculous to 'argue' over which is 'best'. Please don't let this turn into a spam for all of the servers out there. Consider the one you use to be the best and be happy.

Z
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Z
As much as I love to hate DALnet I feel it is the best because its my lil home :-)
With their problems lately, it is not entirely their fault and the kiddies should just leave it alone. The network wouldn't have such a bad name for being a network that splits, has 'evil' users and such if people were just mature about their actions.

Thats my two cents ;-)

You won't like it when I get angry.
S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
People, mature? You are asking too much, my friend. =)

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Well They Are All Good but it depends on the stability of the servers...I cant say much cept about Chatnet which is not as stable yet because K9 isnt up an running yet....i havent found anything that appeals to me personally except a brand new network called AdultChatnet but they have a website up called http://www.adultchatnet.org this really new and in the beginning stages and it uses Chanserv...Nickserv...yada yada...i decided to give it a try there myself....i have a good feeling about this one...but it depend on if anyone would dare attempt to try to make it "home" so to speak...but in my personal opinion a Network is the best depending on how the Chatters make it......thanks for hearing me out everyone....and if ya do try AdultChatnet look me up at #Adult_Hangout.....its a new room as well!

M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
The message board is not an advertising center for new networks. Thanks for respecting these rules.

DALnet: #HelpDesk, #mIRC, #MISHScript - Undernet: #mIRC, #mIRC-Scripts
Babel fish
Babel fish
Any network with over 5,000 people seems to get stuck on a downward spiral of flood, spam, lag, netsplits, DDoS, takeover kids, etc.

I don't personally like to be on any networks with over 1,000 people, so I'd pick neither. Although, EFnet would be my pick out of all of them since I know a lot of people on their that are pretty smart.

- Linux System Administrator, Darktides Communications, LLC.
S
SyN Offline
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
I agree with Grimz
I've always loved grassroots servers
it's not uncommon on dal to join a room with 300+ users
hell thats like a server right there how are you suppose to meet people and have a meaningfull conversation?
that and I prefer to pad my ego by staying in channels with a small number of n00bs.

It's only called insanity if you're poor.
I stay alive to spite those that wish me dead.
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
The best network is the one you own, you can do whatever you want :tongue:

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
Let the numbers speak from themselves http://irc.netsplit.de/networks/

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
S
S
To me, DALnet is the best IRC network, hands down. And I'm entitled to my opinion.

-Be Original-
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
None of the above. Simple. I'm a former big four chatter. Emphasising the word 'former'...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The message board is not an advertising center for new networks. Thanks for respecting these rules.

I thought the rule was simply "No advertising" yet Dalnet is quoted here with a passion by many.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Mentioning the name of a network, be it EFnet, DALnet, PickYourOwnnet isnt advertising... kinda hard to post/answer any network specific questions without refering to the network or related urls that have info about the problem.

Think we have to use some logic.. if i get on here and say HEY, i have my own network, come see me at spam.server.sum.net, or i made this wondermous channel, come see me at blahblahnet, thats totally diff than me asking why <insert sumfin here> happens on Somenet. Rather like when a user asks a question related to a specific OS, it isnt spamming that OS.

Ever since the boards started, there have been specific questions about many networks. Yes, it does seem that DALnet,EFnet, and GamesNet are most often mentioned. Right now DAL is having a lot probs, so it isnt surprising there are many posts here about them. (of course, if ppl used the search feature there wouldnt be as many :tongue: ) Are you saying we should ignore giving them an url to find their answers just because its a networks url? Should users post generic "i cant connect" without telling us the network, when the prob could be only on that specific network? Giving an url where ppl can read detailed help info at their leisure is a far cry from posting an url cause you want everyone to grab some script the creator is all enthused over, as is posting a server/network just cause you want ppl to go to it.

Personally, i include the network where i can be found in #mIRC in my signature because so many ppl who post here go there for clarification. Especially for newbies, it can be much less stressful to get one on one "live time" help. Everyone has diff ways they learn best. The first time i went into a help channel, my eyes crossed and my head spun from the speed of posts about complicated stuff i had NO clue about.. had i seen a nick i recognized, i wouldnt have run outa there so fast, lol

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
N
Babel fish
Babel fish
N
Where is the place where lamers don't prosper? Which of the IRC networks is the wisest, most suitable for intelligent conversations?

I guess we all know. wink

Sincerely,
Necroman, #mIRC @ Undernet
S
S
"Where is the place where lamers don't prosper? Which of the IRC networks is the wisest, most suitable for intelligent conversations?"

Typing or being grandiose on IRC does not make you special.
For your information, those you are referring to as "lamers" are actually the most talkative IRC users there is, and those who you think are "elite users" are nothing but idlers, wanna-be cool, anti-social people. Idling and having ops in a million channels doesn't make you cool, and not having ops in any "major" channels doesn't make you a lamer either, thank you.

-Be Original-
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard