mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
H
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
I am not able to get MIRC to work since I got a new computer with Windows XP operating system. MY ident will not work even though it is configured correctly. Every time I try to connect says it doesn't read the ident. help?

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
did u enable ident? are u running a firewall that blocks port 113? have u tried different servers? it could be any one of these reasons or a combination. any other messages your recieving as to why u cant connect would be helpful

D3m0nnet.com
H
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
Identd is enabled...I found out how to fix the XP firewall...113 is not blocked but I still can not connect even on different servers...here are the errors.

jade.va.us.dal.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
-jade.va.us.dal.net- *** Checking Ident
-
-jade.va.us.dal.net- *** No Ident response
-
-jade.va.us.dal.net- *** Found your hostname

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
are u unable to connect due to your ident not responding or is there another erro message? saying something about making your ident match if your nickwas foobar change your ident to foobar type thing? its clear your identd is not being sent but you can also connect another way ... by changing where u enter your email address ..... example would be ... if your nick is houstonman then making your email address part read houstonman@home.com sometimes they require them to match, this may be the case in your problem but i cant tell with the information youve given. there should be other error messages added to that

D3m0nnet.com
H
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
I used to be able to connect on my old computer which had windows 98. My new computer has XP. When I upgraded to this 6.1 do you think it has bad info in my ini file that is causing the identd to not work correctly? How do I fix that if that is the error? I see a different IP address than IPCONFIG says I have in Local Info in the Host section and the IP address section after I try to connect. What do you think? I appreciate your ideas...I gave up a few months ago but would like to get back on Mirc. It seems like something is not working in my ident system to let me on. Thanks again for any ideas on how to work this.
ERROR COPIED TO GIVE YOU MORE INFO:

* You were killed by stats.dal.net (stats.dal.net (User has been banned from DALnet ([AKILL ID:1039130240K-e] [exp/identd] IRC clients from your domain are required to respond to identd requests in order to connect to DALnet. Visit http://kline.dal.net/exploits/ident.htm for more information. SBIS-3BL)))
-
Closing Link: adsl-64-219-77-122.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net HoustonMan (Killed (stats.dal.net (User has been banned from DALnet ([AKILL ID:1039130240K-e] [exp/identd] IRC clients from your domain are required to respond to identd requests in order to connect to DALnet. Visit http://kline.dal.net/exploits/ident.htm for more information. SBIS-3BL))))
-
* Disconnected

Last edited by HoustonMan; 21/09/03 04:37 AM.
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
do u have a router? and have u forwarded the ports in that correctly? alternativly there are several servers other than dalnet.

D3m0nnet.com
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I think the XP firewall is enabled by default, so he could try this.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Actually, due to MS's infinite wisdom, they've decided it is "safer" to have the firewall off by default than to have it on.

Link Copied to Clipboard