mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
cold Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
C
My mouse drivers are okay. The wheel configuration is okay too. I've never had a problem with it before, it works with everything else, even with mIRC 6.03 and older versions.
But on mIRC 6.1, it simply doesn't work as intended when I use it on specific text display areas, like of channels, queries, @windows etc. It works, though, on common dialogs (eg. script editor, options, channel central etc.) and listboxes (eg. nicklists).

Well, I said the wheel function behaves insanely because it actually *does* scroll those specific areas, though if I have more than 1 window open, it doesn't scroll the active one; instead, it scrolls in the one that's next to it in its arrangement order.

For example, I have a status window, 2 channels and a query, arranged in this order. If I try to use the mouse wheel on the nicklist of the 1st channel, it works fine. If I try to use it to scroll up the text display area, it won't scroll. But then if I switch to the 2nd channel, I'll see its text display area scrolled up. If I try to scroll it back down, it won't scroll. If I try to scroll it up, it won't either, then if I switch to the query window, I'll see it scrolled up. And there it goes.

With only one window open, it works fine. BTW, not necessarily "open"; "visible", I'd say. I've tried doing "//window -h "status window" | window -a @x | echo @x $str(x,800)" and scrolling @x worked fine.

I've already tried reboots and (clean) reinstallations if you're going to ask. :tongue: In fact, I've never seen this before. I really don't think it has anything to do with my mouse configuration, OS (98SE) or anything, but it's really strange it seems this only happens to me, since I've done a search before posting here and didn't find anything related.. so, I'm lost.
I imagine this might be related (also) to mIRC's new compiler.

I type too much.

* cold edits his posts 24/7
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I dont have any probs with logitech mouse on 98SE using 6.1. Altho since visual dislay option was added, unless i set the visual style (options/display/options, click on visual style) to noframe my rodent behaves insanely. Only other thing remotely as you describe is (yet another) 98se oddity in which i've always had to be careful about one window overlapping/on top of another in critical places as the mouse may pick up on the wrong window.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
C
cold Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
C
You're right, I must have tested with only one window visible on 6.03 so I missed the bug, which occurs too. So it seems that this is not about the compiler.
Unfortunately, here I just tested it with all the possible visual styles configurations, on both versions 6.03 and 6.1.. and none of them could fix it. frown

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This depends on the mouse driver and how it interacts with the custom text display control in mIRC. It turns out that different mouse drivers behave differently, using their own logic to determine which windows to send wheel messages to. The result is that some mouse drivers behave oddly in mIRC windows.

The only solution I could find on my own system was to uninstall the logitech mouse driver and to use the standard microsoft intellimouse driver with my logitech mouse.

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Ive noticed a somewhat similiar one and I use the mircosoft driver. Its in the scripts dialog when i scroll itll scroll all the way to the top and keeping trying to scroll up. I can drag the scroll bar down on its own and itll go back up.

In Virginia, chickens cannot lay eggs before 8:00 a.m., and must be done before 4:00 p.m.
C
cold Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
C
Thanks, Khaled. After doing the same thing you did, now it works.
Unfortunately, with the intellimouse driver, I couldn't reconfigure my wheel button to do a double-click.. but at least this is better than not being able to scroll. smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Good to hear. I'm using the intellipoint mouse driver, which gives me the option to set a double-click on my mouse wheel. It may be that you need the latest mouse drivers from microsoft, or perhaps it's a different setting in the windows mouse configuration dialog.

Link Copied to Clipboard