mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Hi Khaled,

Could you please share with us the complete list of raw numerics that mIRC handles in /WHOIS responses? I understand that many networks use varrying numerics, and there are as many as 10 or more that mIRC knows.

If you're feeling especially nice, could you give us an example raw output of each numeric and how mIRC interprets each line? I'm also interested if mIRC makes any special IRCd specific handling, for example, if certain known IRCds output some non-standard reply to various whois numerics.

(to general readers): I know there are many WHOIS scripts out there as well as RFC documentation on standard numerics, but I'm interested in exact mIRC interpretation that only Khaled himself could divulge.

Thanks,
- Raccoon

PS. This would also make a great resource I would direct users to, as whois numerics are a very common request.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
311, 319, 312, 301, 307, 308, 309, 320, 338, 378, 310, 313, 314, 317, 330, 335, 369, 318.

Some of the above numerics have more than one meaning and may not be whois/whowas related on some servers. There's too much coding involved to tell you exactly how mIRC handles each one.

As with most numerics, I add new ones when people report them, since it's impossible to keep track of new numerics across all irc servers, so I'm sure I'm missing a few whois/whowas related numerics.

Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Thank you Khaled, this should save me a lot of time.

I'll put together a document on WHOIS numerics as soon as I finish trolling all the large networks and different codebases for new implimentations.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard