mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#49689 15/09/03 11:43 PM
J
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
Why not put the name of files correctly instanted of _ in spaces??

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
To make you ask questions.

-KingTomato
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
For an explanation, in any mIRC window type /help long file names

You can also use the search feature here, set to "all forums" and expand the date range to see other posts on the same subject

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Sry, i was tired last night, felt a lil smug. The basic reason is due to mircs inability to handle files with multiple spaces in a row. Some files contain:

artist[space]-[space][space]song[space]name

Or any other place where a space might exits. This way, the user can handle the song with mirc events, and not lose track of the file. You may look into on FILERCVD and $replace. Use /rename to name the file, and $replce to change _'s to spaces.

-KingTomato
J
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
i know that but mirc could do this...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
What if the user would then like to use mirc to handle the file after they downloaded it?

Lets say you have a connection that is occuring, and person a downloads a file from b. Well, now person a has a script that takes the file and moves it to a new directory (this is just an example, please spare me the options dialog). Well, if mirc were to download it witht he _'s, then change it back to a file name with th epossibility of multiple spaces, the user would then be unable to deal witht he file. They would not be able to handle the file anymore, becasue mirc would only see one space.

If its such an issue, do as I suggested. use on FileRcvd, and rename it.

-KingTomato

Link Copied to Clipboard