Print Thread
A
aemarx Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
<list command> | grep something
i think this is very useful if u can do such thing like UNIX grep command.What i meant is like..

/msg NickServ listchans | grep SOp

so it will print only the line which have word 'SOp'

or,

/msg ChanServ akick #channel list | grep by aemarx

so it only print the line that have words 'by aemarx'.

i hope u ppl can understand what i meant(my english is very bad).

J
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
J
u can easily script this using on notice & $gettok

Go ahead, jump. 100,000 lemmings can't be wrong.
V
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
V
Adding this to mIRC would be dumb, mainly because I often say something that ends with "| grep ..." to someone as a private message.

Ask the authors of your IRC-services and have them add it to chanserv/nickserv/whatever instead.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A better method might be to simply script a %variable that contains match-text, and make certain events only display text that matches that string (if the %variable contains a string). When you're done, you just unset the variable and output returns to normal.

This would allow you to define exactly what information gets processed as mIRC doesn't know, for instance, when NickServ is done babbling. One of the events you'd script would be On NOTICE where ($nick == NickServ). Other events might be /WHO list or /MODE B (ban) list.

As for the piped command syntex like GREP uses, mIRC handles piped commands differently so that's automatically impossible internally, but may be possible to script (again, redefining events and commands to work with it).

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard