mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
R
the problem:
I am using ADSL to connect to a local server in Croatia. I can normally connect and chat in every channel I like. But the problems begin when noone speaks for a long time; the first problem is that I can't see what someone said if they say something after a long time; the second problem is, when I say something and hit "enter" I instantly get the "software caused disconnect", and I get disconnected.
I have also noticed that this happens while using any other server, anywhere in the world. I would be very grateful if anyone gave me a suggestion how to fix this.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
What you describe only appears to be. The reason no one chats for a long time is because you were disconnected from the server. Only it forgot to tell you for some reason. It happens to me regularly, especially when I have some proggies running that gobble a lot of bandwidth. To everyone else in the channel, you're long gone. When you type something, mIRC tries to send the text to the server, notices it isn't there, concludes it itsn't connected anymore, and tells you it has disconnected.
You can't really fix it, as the getting disconnected part is mostly not in your control. All I can think of is to write a piece of code that someway checks if you're still online without flooding or abusing the server.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
O
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
O
doesn't server automaticly pings user?
or if he has lagmeter/lagbar doesn't that also do checks?

Link Copied to Clipboard