mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
I've read a few tutorials and I'm still in the very beginning of getting things to work, what I want is a script that when someone voices me, I message chanserv and get oped and then I kick the person who voiced me. (yes, I do have ops on this chan, and I will only be using it in one channel, so # or $chan if needed) I tried a few combinations but fell short of anything working...here's some of what I know works...:

on *:VOICE:#channel { if ($vnick == $me) //msg chanserv op #channel mynick }

and I tried separating it with '|' and adding /kick $chan <nick_that_voiced_me> but my op wasn't replied to by chanserv quickly enough.

Hope I was clear enough, thanks for any help...I'll keep trying, and on a sidenote, if anyone has any good tutorials to link me to, I'd appreciate it.

n00b

O
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
O
Post deleted by oriongods

N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
tx for your help, but you missed the 2nd half of my question. I can op myself, but after I'm oped I want to kick the person that voiced me in the same script. I can't get the later part to work...

O
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
O
uups, sorry
try

on ^1:VOICE:#channel { if ($vnick == $me) { /msg chanserv op #channel $me | /set $opnick %onick }

on ^1:op:#channel: { if ($me isop $chan) && (%onick ison $chan) { /kick $chan %onick | /ban %onick 3 | halt }
}

dunno if that work but try

N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N

N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
Isn't working -- in the first part you didn't close all the brackets, but that didn't help when I corrected that. (though the first part stand alone works just fine)

I toyed w/the 2nd part, taking out the colon after #channel and taking out the unnecessary code (ban | halt) but no matter what I did it never triggered anything...

O
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
O
heh know why isnt working, coz you didnt say does chanserv voices you or that user, coz for this events you have WHO voiced/opped you and on that based variables you can make protection, as i know you cant mix on voice event with opnick, so IF user voices then do this:

on ^1:voice:#: {
if ($vnick == $me) { /msg chanserv op #yourchannel $me | /set $nick %victim }
}

on ^1:op:#: {
if ($me isop $chan) && (%victim ison $chan) { /kick $chan % victim | /ban %victim 3 | /unset %victim }
else { halt }
}

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
/set $nick %victim
should be
/set %victim $nick

O
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
O
my bad, tnx
plus if you want constantly to kick that user after unban just remove /unset %victim command, but then you must remove it manually if you need under variables should be %victim username

Last edited by oriongods; 10/09/03 11:43 PM.
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
That's great, it works...ty....one last question, is there a way around only being _THAT_ specified nick? because all he has to do is change his nick and then I need to change my script...kind of kill the point...ty again.

O
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
O
well, i think that ban is enough, unless you want that user back? (dunno why), you can simply ban his whole *domain.host*

apply bans to see what fits you most:

/ban nickname 0
/ban nickname 1
/ban nickname 2
/ban nickname 3
/ban nickname 4
/ban nickname 5
/ban nickname 6
/ban nickname 7
/ban nickname 8
/ban nickname 9

Last edited by oriongods; 10/09/03 11:47 PM.
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
Well when I used it it actually didn't ban him, kept kicking him pretty hard though, I never wanted to ban him, wasn't sure why you were tossing that in there but since it didn't ban him I didn't bother asking. I will mess with it later, been staring at the screen a while today.

Again, one more quirk, when I have this in my remotes anytime someone voices me or ops me I start kicking the [censored] out of this person lol ...

O
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
O
yep, but i think that THAT script actually sux, why callin OP on VOICE and then kick/ban... maybe itz fun in the start but it getz annoying and it will flood you if you keep kickin user all the time, and if opers get constant report of your flooding they will ban you from serv more likely... so i suggest you that IF you really need that try instead calling OP always just do /msg chanserv kick #channelname user and then /mode #channelname +b *!user@*domain.host*

(only my opinion) - wont flood you and will ban users host

N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
I need to call the OP on VOICE so I can kick him, I can't kick him if I'm not oped? I don't like to idle around oped, I'm usually sitting like a normal user, and he knows it bugs me to sit around voiced, so he does it....that's why I want this awkward script. The opers on the other hand won't do anything ;o) They can't really ban me from the IRC,it's an IRC dedicated to a computer security site, which I can ban them from, and the Admin of the site is the only one who has root (but is never on IRC), so I can ban them from the site =P
(did anyone follow that? lol)

It's all in fun anyway... we're *friends*, just messin'

tx again for the help, I'll continue my irc scripting tomorrow and see you all here I'm sure

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Code:
on *:voice:#channel:{
  if ($vnick == $me) { chanserv op # $me | set %victim $fulladdress }
}

on *!:op:#channel:{
  if ($opnick == $me) &amp;&amp; ($ialchan(%victim,#,0)) {
    var %i = 1
    while ($ialchan(%victim,#,%i).nick) {