mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
I'm sorry, but I just noticed that the first available forum section that a user can click is this, general discussion. I also noticed that it does not have a "sticky" concerning the different OS issue that many seem to ask of mIRC. I then decided to take it apon myself to make a thread that attacks this subject as delicatly as I can.

As many know, there is no certain forum section designed for cross platform questions related to mirc. Usually a use with the question of "is there a mIRC for ___" comes to the first available section and asks it, that being this. So here goes.

Is mIRC available for other operating systems (OS) than Windows? (Linux, Mac, Window CE)

No. mIRC was solely designed for the Microsoft Windows operating system, and is not available for any other OS. Which brings us to the next question that often follows this one.

Is mIRC ever going to be made/converted/designed for any other operating system?

Again, no. There are pleny of other clients out there for the multitude of operating sytems available. Currently mIRC was, is, and always will be Windows Only. This means there will be no ports of the program into other languages, sorry.

There, now that its out in the open I would hope there are no more operating system related questions. I would hope than a moderator would be so kind as to make this topic sticky so others can benefit from the common knowledge, and save many innocent users the trouble of being "flamed". Noone here likes being flamed, nor should anyone here have tolerate it. In addition, Raccoon is right--saying "this has already been said" is just as bad as them posting it. If a user asks about this topic, please point them in the right direction. grin

-KingTomato
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
While i appreciate your initiative, i'm not so sure we need to have the same stickies in every area here. One would hope (altho i know many dont) that when a user asks this question they will be referred to the sticky already done and/or to Khaled's FAQ

Sadly, we have so many ppl who post right below the sticky post answering their question (and often having the same subject) and still have to be referred to the one in question, so im afraid a sticky is no quarantee there wont be more asking the same thing

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
One thing I want to add,

if you want mIRC for Linux:

use WINE.

trenzterra
AustNet #trenzterra and #w
Head Scripter @ http://trenzterra.uni.cc

Link Copied to Clipboard