#47051 04/09/03 08:27 AM
J
jinkeys Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
hi,
where can i find out where i'm queued? is there anywhere on the application that shows you how many queues you've got going and where they're at?

thanks,
jinkey

#47052 04/09/03 08:49 AM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Queues? What queues? Where queues? If you are this vague, no one can help you.

If I assume for argument's sake that you mean you are in a filesharing channel and have queued a file for delivery - ask the person who has the file and has you queued.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
#47053 04/09/03 08:56 AM
J
jinkeys Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
if you don't read the question properly, then YOU can't help anyone.

i repeat:

"is there anywhere on the application that shows you how many queues you've got going and where they're at?"

and fyi, iot's only on legal stuff, nothing illegal,

i just wanted to know if there was somewhere that summarised everywhere you're in queue. i have requested quite a few documents and can't remember all of them, and i assumed that the application would have a list...

arrogance doesn't help me! don't bother answering if you can't help, or make people feel bad when they ask for it...

#47054 04/09/03 10:25 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
a queue could be for anything, im guessing you mean DCC, but i still cant be sure, you dont give enough information to get any help, he wasnt being arrogant, he was helping you by telling you to give more information so people can understand and help you..
edit:
*wonders if its a coincidence thats "jinkeys" posts the same sort of question not long after "jikey"*.
dont cross post mad

new username: tidy_trax
#47055 04/09/03 11:09 AM
J
jinkeys Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
yeah, sorry - i havent done this before and am getting confused.

re the queue, i am accessing ftp sites and downloading documents pertaining to what i'm studying. sometimes the download commences immediately. sometimes i am put in a queue. i know i am on several queues, but i didn't write down which servers i'm queued on. i assumed that there would be somewhere on mirc that lists where your queues are, i.e. what files you're expecting to receive. is htere?

and secondly, if someone attempts to send you a file, and you don't 'accept' and the connection closes, that's it? it's not re-sent?

is this enough info?

thanks, and would appreciate a reply.

ta,
jinkey

#47056 04/09/03 01:28 PM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
queue
I hope you're accessing a FTP site with a FTP client. We cannot help you with that since mIRC is not an FTP client. It can do FTP if you know the protocols and stuff, but it's still a bad idea compared to using a real one. And no, mIRC cannot ask your FTP client what's still left in the queue or anything. Not until you download/write a dll that can do the talking.

second
If you don't accept the DCC, why should it try to resend? hat means no - it doesn't auto-try again.

"if you don't read the question properly, then YOU can't help anyone"
I read it - you asked it wrong. Read this to learn how to ask questions.

the application
in your original question this would refer to mIRC. And since mIRC doesn't do queues on its own, I have/had no idea what you were talking about, nor did anyone else. No need to start mouthing off if I simple tell you that.

and fyi, iot's only on legal stuff, nothing illegal
Who said anything about illegal? I said file-sharing channels. And yes, even though many of them deal exclusively in copyright protected material, there are plenty of legit ones.

arrogance doesn't help me!...
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=arrogance
My comments don't fit the description.

...don't bother answering if you can't help...
I can help - if you ask the right question

...or make people feel bad when they ask for it...
Again with the not having a clue what you mean. You need to interpret stuff the way it is said and not read between the lines when there's nothing there. Paranoid much?

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius

Link Copied to Clipboard