Print Thread
#46543 02/09/03 02:56 PM
S
saxon Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
When you right click the Connect/Disconnect icon in toolbar, It doesn't show a list of recently connected to Networks/Servers.

I used to be able to right click that and easily choose my network. Now you have to edit the servers.ini to put networks you actually use there. The menu is meant for conveniance and that is inconveniant. Also, you update this site with new servers.ini files sometimes, which means if i download them i have to edit the file all over again. This didn't seem to be the case in 6.03.

---

But anyway... You might say "Tough luck", but you will notice that there is a "Clear History" button on that menu, The presence of that button suggests that the menu IS intended to maintain a list of recent servers/networks. However clicking that button does nothing. So there is a bug in that menu somewhere?

#46544 02/09/03 04:01 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yes, it should show a list of servers. It works for me, so perhaps there's something in your configuration that is causing the problem.

If you perform a clean install into an empty folder and test it, does it work?

#46545 02/09/03 04:14 PM
S
saxon Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Ok i still had the setup file on my desktop, So i did a clean install of mIRC, to a folder on my desktop. In my previous install of mIRC, i made sure my old mirc.ini was over written, and that everything was default, so I could see the new feautres clearly. But the folder was not empty.

Ok, so empty folder on my desktop this time, Right clicking the toolbar icon lists the Networks from "4-irc Random server" to "Accessirc", Just like before. So i type "/server efnet.demon.co.uk", and successfuly connect to EFnet. I check the toolbar menu, The menu is still the same as before, No EFent network or Server is listed. I disconnect from EFnet, check the menu again, Still the same. I close mIRC, reopen mIRC, the menu is still the same as when I first installed. And clicking of "Clear History" has no effect.

I am using mIRC 6.1, Window XP Pro - with all the latest security patches, service packs, and updates installed.

--Edit--

I just tried another test, where I selected EFnet from the connect dialog, instead of typing /server. Just incase the menu is intentionaly not updated for /server type connecting. The result is still the same as above.

Last edited by saxon; 02/09/03 04:29 PM.
#46546 02/09/03 04:21 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I have the same problem. Even though I have connected to QuakeNet several times since mIRC 6.1 was released it just isn't there.

#46547 02/09/03 05:43 PM
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Same here.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
#46548 02/09/03 08:36 PM
D
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
D
yeah, it doesn't work for me either. it seems to just show a list of servers straight from servers.ini.

-- dylan
#46549 03/09/03 03:35 PM
S
saxon Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Okay, I managed to get the feature working. You have to have "Move to top of list on connect" checked in the connection options. And before some of you get excited and start saying "Ha ha moron! ofcourse the feature wont work without that..". Checking that box does not make the feature work alone. What you have to do is go to the connect dialog and select your server, Press the Sun icon a few times, Connect. If the feature doesn't appear to work yet, keep repeating the process, eventually it will. Also try clicking from "Connect" and "Servers" a few times in the treeview.

I installed mIRC clean over about 5 times trying to reproduce clear steps to make it work, but was unable too, So sorry.. you have to play around with those instructions.. it will spontaneously start working for you eventually..

When you get it to work once, it seems to keep working after that...

#46550 12/09/03 03:56 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well then that seems to be a bug.. it's the same behaviour here.

* cold edits his posts 24/7

Link Copied to Clipboard