mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
K
Since I installed mIRC 6.1 I tend to get alot of [10053] Software caused connection abort disconnects, while I have/had no problem with mIRC 6.03. And i'm not the only one, I'm helping a bit on undernet #mIRC and I got another complaint about it. When he used an old mIRC version, everything is fine, wich is the same for me. I have XP home edition, the other one has Win 2k. I dont have to say this is annoying... confused

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Interestingly enough, others have reported that they got a lot of 10053 errors using 6.03 and are happy cause they arent getting any on 6.1

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
J
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
J
here too * [10053] Software caused connection abort
only with mIRC v6.1

WinXP PRO SP1+ALL UPDATES

frown

Go ahead, jump. 100,000 lemmings can't be wrong.
J
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
J
oh yeah, this happens in IrcNet...

Babel fish
Babel fish
Yeap I got this too
* [10053] Software caused connection abort

I use 6.1 to script and use 6.02 to chat, but I was connected with 6.1 and I got that error and with 6.02 that was connected nothing happened.
This was on ptnet
I am using winxp pro crazy

K
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
K
I'm seeing an NT-based link here... And I still get some other ppl too who seem to have the problem... smirk Khaled, an update please! smile

J
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
J
Strange but I got no errors with mIRC v6.03... shocked

L
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
L
i got those errors with 6.03 and now more frequently with 6.1, it's about every 5 minutes now.

wish there was a way to turn on some kind of debugger so I can tell what software caused the connection abort.

win xp home here. all updates.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I think you're right there, kamelion. Ever since I went back to WinME from XP, I've never once had that error.

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
K
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
K
Ah well, hopefully this will be solved...
Codex` also found out that you only see that error, but in fact it can be a whole other quit reason that you have... For example; he made himself quit thanks to a Excess Flood but on his screen he quit because of the software caused connection abort reason... So maybe you do quit for a normal reason, like connection reset by peer or something, but mIRC gets the wrong disconnect reason and gives that SCCA bug... Its just a guess... Btw, hi Codex` smile and tnx for telling me...

N
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
N
hello all
i am the other person that kamelion mentioned, who complained about this.
i run 2 instances of mirc; 6.1 and 5.41.
after i talked with him in undernet #mirc, i found out that my connection had problems. i was connected, but it was kinda slow. from my isp's support told me that they had problem with their international links.

but this error usually comes up upon netsplits too and mostly when one of the servers that split, is the one i'm connected to.
it's strange to see one instance of mirc to disconnect (6+), while the other (5.41) one is still connected properly, with ping replies of 1 second.
as kamelion mentioned already, i have w2k pro.

Link Copied to Clipboard