mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#46116 01/09/03 03:56 PM
V
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
V
They're simply not working - I get them when I right click on "favourites" (ex "channels") button, but when I select an item nothing happens. Same for the Scripts editor popups - no single file opens in the editor
Others work as expected though (Dcc send/chat, Connect button, Received files)
Favourites menu works only for one channel (it's #fantasy actually, does the name matters?!?) - it activates it, but when I try to join or activate another channel using it it doesn't work
Perhaps it works for it since it's the first channel in the list, but for the Aliases/Remotes popups even the first item doesn't work
whatever
win nt sp6a

And all I need now is intellectual intercourse, a soul to dig the hole much deeper
#46117 02/09/03 07:37 AM
V
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
V
Hello?
Can anyone reproduce these, or they're not bugs, but were just removed in the new version as other useful stuff?
For the favourites popups I think it's a bug though, it works just for the first channel in the list
Please try it

And all I need now is intellectual intercourse, a soul to dig the hole much deeper
#46118 02/09/03 08:44 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I'm not sure if i'm understanding you correctly, (please explain further if i'm not) but they are working fine for me.

-When i click on favorites and join a channel (yes,you can only do one at a time) it opens the channel i pick. With that channel still open, i reopen favorites, i pick another channel, click and it opens fine.

-When i click on tools>script editor it opens remotes and the first script in my list is open in the window, While there, i clicked view and opened one halfway down the list, closed remotes. Clicked on tools>script editor and remotes opened with the last script i had open present in the window.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#46119 02/09/03 09:20 AM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Para, when Im in a channel and right click on the favorites icon and then left click on a channelname, I DONT join it altho when Im not on ANY channel (aka just connected to a server w/o autojoin on connect in any way/shape/form), the first channel I select (I believe since it's always the same one) I CAN join. Yes Im using a scripted mirc, but nothing THAT in depth that it'd muck with that at all. Up till now clicking on the channel listing on a specific channel DID let me join a new channel (every version it was in mirc till 6.1)

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
#46120 02/09/03 10:46 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
dunno landon, i tried it several ways and all worked fine for me on win98se confused

-not in any channels/click on favs/join first channel on list/reopen fav, join second channel (keeping both open, and also tried closing first one)
-not in any channels/click on favs/join a channel someplace on list/reopen favs/click randomly (both above and below first channel) join another channel
-in a channel (ie /join #channelname) repeated above steps
-in a channel joined by clicking join in favs icon (left click access) repeated above
-in a channel joined by doubleleft click on channel in favs icon (left click accessed) repeated above
-various combinations of joining channels thru all the above in different orders

since i wasnt sure what the first poster meant, i did the above tests by clicking on the word Favorites, left clicking on the favorites icon, and right clicking on the favorites icon. Just to be sure i retested doing exactly as you described.

#46121 02/09/03 11:49 AM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
ok, I dont open the faves, just right click on the faves folder ICON and then try to join the channel (left clicking) that way andf it doesnt work.

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
#46122 02/09/03 12:31 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Is the favorites channel you're trying to join assigned to a specific IRC network? If so, are you trying to join on it on that network, or a different network?

#46123 02/09/03 04:36 PM
V
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
V
ParaBrat: I ment POPUPS, the thing you get when you press the right mouse button over that icon

Khaled: No, I have 6 channels there, 5 of them are assignet to a network, the other one is not, and popups only work when I select the first channel in the list, no matter of it's name or does it have assigned network
More info: when I try to join that channel (the first one in the list) on another network (not the one it's assotiated to) it joins it on that specific network, no matter what is the active network (or activates that channel if I'm currently on it ON IT's network)
So in general, everything works just fine FOR THE FIRST CHANNEL IN THE LIST, and nothing works for others

Has anyone tested this with script editor's popups, I get all my files listed there but NO FILE opens in the editor when i select it. Perhaps this functionality is removed?

#46124 03/09/03 02:42 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
"I ment POPUPS, the thing you get when you press the right mouse button over that icon"
ty, i thought so, but wasnt sure, so i tested that as well as the other ways i mentioned, all work fine for me.

"script editor's popups, I get all my files listed there but NO FILE opens in the editor when i select it."

tested this multiple times, the first time in a session it opens with the first one in alias view list showing in window. after that it will open to the last one i had open. always shows one open in the editor, and any i click in view open ok.

What Os are you using vasil?

LANDON: IIRC you are running 95b? i'm gonna go test this on a 95b box later today just for grins

#46125 03/09/03 04:10 PM
V
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
V
I've said it in the first post, winNT 4.0 sp6a
so this is OS related?
landon, which os are you using (they're not working for you too aren't they?)

#46126 03/09/03 04:14 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Landon, testing on a 95b box (4.00.950B) and have the same problem you describe with favorites. Right click on fav icon, click on channel and it wont join. Wont join from word Favorites either.

Just as a side note, re vasil, opening remotes/alias works fine on 95b

#46127 04/09/03 06:05 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
sorry Vasil, i should have noticed you said WinNT. The favorites joining thing works fine for me on 98SE, but didnt on the 95b box i tested on earlier, so it would seem there is some OS related issue there (script editor was fine tho).

lets see now, who do i know with an NT box i can attack...er, test on.

#46128 04/09/03 07:17 AM
V
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
V
Quote:
Wont join from word Favorites either.

What do you mean by that?

#46129 05/09/03 04:44 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
look just above the row of icons, File View Favorites etc.
I tested using Favorites there as well as right clicking on favorites icon, i couldnt get either to join a channel on the 95b box i tested on.

#46130 05/09/03 08:37 AM
V
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
V
Oh, you mean the menu item Favourites
I've put it under View so that I can still use alt+a for aliases, so I hadn't used it till now
And it doesn't work for me too, even the first channel in the list doesn't work

Link Copied to Clipboard