mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#45115 30/08/03 09:01 AM
P
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
P
What happened to the show tooltips toggle in file/options/display? It's not there no longer nor can i find it anywhere else. I have a bug in my mIRC that was present in 6.03 and is still present in 6.1. While using XP home with show tooltips checked, when i like open the editor, which is set as a desktop window, then switch to mirc and move the mouse cursor over a tooltip in mirc, when i move the cursor away from the tooltip it'll switch immediately back to the editor. With 6.03 turning off tooltips fixed this but i cannot find anywhere to turn off tooltips. This is a very annoying bug and which seems that i'm the only one with it. Anyway i sure hope i can turn off tooltips somehow!

#45116 30/08/03 08:57 PM
P
OP Offline
P
I've tested furthur into this bug, what happens is when there's more then one mirc window, like having other desktop windows open, then when i highlight a tooltip for a toolbar button, and then move the mouse away from the button, either off the toolbar or onto a separator, it effectively puts the mirc window that was opened last, on top. Moving the mouse onto another button next to it doesn't cause it, only when mouse is moved off toolbar or onto a separator. Hiding the toolbar fixes the problem but alas i'd prefer having the toolbar visible. This bug happens 100% of the time when conditions i've specified are met, not just occasionally. Feel free to move this to the bug section if you can. If anyone has any idea how to kill the tooltips i'd really like to know how!

#45117 09/02/04 04:56 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Many months later.....
In case anyone gets this problem i've just discovered the problem. I'm using WinXP but i was running mIRC in compatiability mode for Win95, don't ask me why i don't know :P
Turning off compatiability mode fixed it.

#45118 10/02/04 06:01 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
thanks for the update smile

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard