mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Ancyker Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
The problem is they both try to update it, how can i make it so only the currently active (as in window) server gets updated...?

A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
whats your code if we could see it we could fix it -_-

Need amazing web design for low price: http://www.matrixn3t.net
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
use on connect, but check if the timer is already running... i.e.

on *:CONNECT: {
if (!$timer(lagmeter)) .timerlagmeter 0 5 /lag
}

alias lag {
.ctcp $me lag $ticks
-or-
.raw ping $server
-or-
<insert favorite method here>
}

...blah...

-KingTomato
O
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
O
thatz only code for ON connect to new server u stupid, this user asks for updating on multiply servs READ THE POST !

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
damn how come u are so harsh? his code would change the lag to the connected server... it just wouldnt update for the "active" connection

D3m0nnet.com
O
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
O
i'm harsh coz he spit on almoust everyone that gives some crazy ideas and since he is helping here his duty is to give OR code that will help or he give an advice, in this case he just give some stupid answer so he look smart but user has NOT asked what he did gave as code, Q is how to update lag, not how to activate it so if you ask me he gave very dumb answer.

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ok first off there is not DUTY by him. he does so on his own accord as does anyone else here. i dont see u offering anything as far as help. thats doesnt make u stupid or ignorant. it just means ur not inclinded to help ppl. name calling is not very nice. Ive made that error in the past. wasnt welcomed at all. critisism is one thing, attacking an individual for tryin to offer help is another

D3m0nnet.com
O
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
O
okay, letz just say that i am sorry but still he hasnt gave answer on Q, only showing his wise ass so he could LOOK smart

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Orion,

To answer your completly ignorant question and remarks made that have NOTHING (i repeat NOTHING) to do with what the original poster asked is uneccisery. The original poster said, and I quote:

Quote:
The problem is they both try to update it, how can i make it so only the currently active (as in window) server gets updated...?

The answer I gave provides the means to answer their question (as i noted in bold). They want a lag meter for the CURRENT connect, not both (all) connections at once.

So please, stfu and sit down. I am not an a-hole by nature, but people like you really deserve a kick in the ass, so here is mine. Now please, just go about your business and leave the original poster, and those who are willing to help alone.

I've said my peace.

-KingTomato

Link Copied to Clipboard