mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#4303 01/01/03 06:16 AM
M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
I use my pop-ups a lot and after a while they wear out and stop appearing when I right click names in the nick list. Also, a lot of other programs on my system stop showing dialogs and may even stop running all together. I am running Windows XP Home Edition. Anyone else having this problem?

#4304 01/01/03 07:02 AM
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Does everthing work fine once you reboot?

Do you have an anti virus detector running? -- maybe it's a virus?

Perhaps your system is low on resources (Press CTRL ALT DEL to bring up the Task Manager to see your memory usage).

#4305 06/01/03 11:01 AM
M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Fortunately I don't have to reboot every time that happens. I just close the effectef mIRC and everything starts working again. No, its not a virus and my system resources are fine. This error has become more and more annoying everyday. It does it on other computers as well.

#4306 06/01/03 11:47 AM
P
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
P
This is a prime sign, that the script you are using, is slowly eating more Memory, each time it is run.

This could be, that each time you right click, the script adds a new variable, or even in one of the aliases run, after clicking an item in the popup.

Hash tables, variables and network sockets can all be a cause.

An example. Downloading a file, into variables or hash tables, using a socket, and forgetting to cleanup the data afterwards. Simply doing this multiple times, would eat the memory.

Suck it, lick it, milk it then put it away.
#4307 04/04/03 09:39 PM
H
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
H
Hey man... i have the same problem with my script. That only happens in windows xp and 2000 (i use 98 se)... I have no ideea what could be the problem. There could be sevral problems: i use about 120 addons(!), many pics, many popups (in more than one file), many dlls, etc... so i can't really find the problem... i have to search in many places :PP If anyone finds a soullution to this poblem... please contact me and let me know about it! 10x confused grin nilalin@k.ro

Hot][ce

Link Copied to Clipboard