Print Thread
H
Halloko Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
Hey all

I've written this bot which I'd like to make available 24/7. This requires a server/shell but it seems it's all about eggdrop out there and eggdrop uses a completely different language (which forces me to convert my newly made bot to another language, which I'm naturally not very interested in).
So my question is, do you wise guys know how to add my bot to a server of some sort and make it appear online 24/7 ?

I really hope you guys have something to share with me.
Thanks in advance

Regards,
Halloko

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
First of all.. what type of bot is it? script language? smirk

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
The subject of this thread says "mIRC script", so I'd guess he wrote it in mIRC script :tongue:

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Yes me too.. but when he starts to talk about shell, well thats not somthing you dont get for a mirc bot.. smile i wouldent even try buy a shell for a thing like that, *nix bots ok there i can understand.but for a mirc bot smile smirk

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well that's his problem, he needs to know if you can run an mIRC script on a shell.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
then only way i guess is that he ask a friend running windows that are aconnected for 24/7.. i never heard about a shell account online u can rent with windows.. :tongue:

M
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
M
Bot via mIRC is very intresting idea. I have something like this and it works fantastic. I can write the script when I dream up that something new is needed. And i know how it works. That's better than eggdrop. wink

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Eggdrop is realy good bots, i have 10 or somthing running now.. smile and i just love how simple it is to mantain them, making TCL for them arent that hard ether.. so thats my favorite bot, and allways will be.. tryed dancers befor, but didnt like that as much as i like eggdrops laugh

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It's called dedicated hosting. It's not exactly the same as a Unix shell but it would allow the hosting of a mIRC or other Windows based bot. Downside = high cost.

H
Halloko Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
Hey all

First of all thanks for all the (great) replies in just one night laugh

After having read all the replies, i can slowly make out that it ain't possible to use a plain mIRC script on a server other if I had a friend being online all the time.
Isn't there even an option for running it on a normal (web) server or something? I'm only asking because I don't have any idea if it's possible.

But if it isn't then I'll definitely have to convert my bot to TCL which of course would give me more features in the end. It's just that I ain't THAT interested in converting my pretty simple, but still effective, bot to another lang.

Hope you're still able to answer my question ;-)

Thanks
Søren Dreijer
http://www.blacksmith-studios.dk

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There's at least two hurdles with running it from a web server:

1. Webservers are usually coupled to pretty tough firewalls, I doubt port 6667 would be left open.
2. There's no way (that I know of & without remote control software) to execute mIRC once it's on the account and I think asking someone to let you have remote control software there is a BIG ask.

H
Halloko Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
frown
So what ya recommend?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Talk to somone you know that have a 24/7 connection to the net, it wont cost you anything.. the easyest way i guess.. :tongue:

#41672 14/08/03 05:13 PM
G
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
G
I made a cool program for user who want to change their MIRC color and background. download it on

~keep your crap off this forum, thanks~

Last edited by Karen; 14/08/03 05:41 PM.
H
Halloko Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
Well.. I have such a connection myself (ADSL) but my computer ain't always turned on and I don't want the bot to use my bandwidth.

Guess I'll have to do with eggdrop then :P

Thanks all for your answers!

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
TCL is an ugly (VERY UGLY) language, but it's really not difficult to figure out. Look at a couple of existing eggdrop scripts, make doc/tcl-commands.doc your new friend (just like /help in mIRC) and you shouldn't really have any problems.

Link Copied to Clipboard