mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#40921 10/08/03 02:18 PM
E
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
E
From reading the posts so far, it is my understanding that the URL Catcher stores the active list in a cache/buffer and then writes that cache/buffer to the URLS.INI file when mIRC is stopped. This means that if my Windows 98SE system crashes, I lose any changes that have been made to the list and on restart I'm back to the list that was in the URLS.INI list the last time I stopped the program, Short of the obvious solution of restarting the program on a daily basis to save any changes, is there a way of capturing that cache/buffer to a text file, or is there a way of making the changes appear live in the URLS.INI so that I can then make a short batch file to copy it without restarting the program? I know that the chat logs are updated live and was wondring if you would consider a change in the next version to make this an additional feature of the program?

Millions of people wish for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy day.
#40922 10/08/03 02:47 PM
S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
a timer with /saveini might work

/timer -i 0 14400 /saveini

scripty for in alt + r (remotes)

on *:start:.timer -i 0 14400 /saveini

from the mirc helpfile:

/saveini
Updates all mIRC-related INI files with the current settings.

#40923 10/08/03 03:09 PM
E
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
E
Most excellent. I implemented the "Perform" option. I did not know that /saveini was available. Who would have guessed. Well, so much for reading the help files and stuff. You da man. Thanks.

Millions of people wish for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy day.
#40924 10/08/03 05:11 PM
S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
yw:)

Link Copied to Clipboard