mIRC Homepage
Posted By: EvilJosh URL Catcher - 10/08/03 02:18 PM
From reading the posts so far, it is my understanding that the URL Catcher stores the active list in a cache/buffer and then writes that cache/buffer to the URLS.INI file when mIRC is stopped. This means that if my Windows 98SE system crashes, I lose any changes that have been made to the list and on restart I'm back to the list that was in the URLS.INI list the last time I stopped the program, Short of the obvious solution of restarting the program on a daily basis to save any changes, is there a way of capturing that cache/buffer to a text file, or is there a way of making the changes appear live in the URLS.INI so that I can then make a short batch file to copy it without restarting the program? I know that the chat logs are updated live and was wondring if you would consider a change in the next version to make this an additional feature of the program?
Posted By: SergioNL Re: URL Catcher - 10/08/03 02:47 PM
a timer with /saveini might work

/timer -i 0 14400 /saveini

scripty for in alt + r (remotes)

on *:start:.timer -i 0 14400 /saveini

from the mirc helpfile:

/saveini
Updates all mIRC-related INI files with the current settings.

Posted By: EvilJosh Re: URL Catcher - 10/08/03 03:09 PM
Most excellent. I implemented the "Perform" option. I did not know that /saveini was available. Who would have guessed. Well, so much for reading the help files and stuff. You da man. Thanks.
Posted By: SergioNL Re: URL Catcher - 10/08/03 05:11 PM
yw:)
© mIRC Discussion Forums