mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Just done a search for this, couldnt find related info, so i guess it not been posted before.

Is there anyway that in the next version of or a much later mIRC that Khaled could change the buttons toolbar
up the top of the main windows, ie the ones with Connect/Disconnect - Options - etc

My idea is that it could use icons or an icon library kept in the main mIRC folder this would
make it easier for people to edit if they wisehd to change the look for perhaps a theme or something.

I myself had to "rip" the bmp out of the main exe, play around with resizing an icon to the exact size
screwed up the icon, and had to start all over again, if the option to use a library was introduced
people could add an icon and mIRC would automaticaly adjust it`s apearence or whatever.
(This could be in a new set of options, ie Toolbar icon

For anybody who dosent know what an icon library is, it`s a file with a collection of icons inside
so for example you have 3 icons

mirc.ico
connect.ico
disconnect.ico

A user could make a library and add all 3 icons to the file, and then when they edit the toolbar just set
which icon index number you want the required icon at
so for example mirc.ico would be position 0, connect would be 1 and so on.

(Yes i've been playing with icon librarys to save space in my scripts folder, when this idea came to me)
Here is a screen grab i made, it has been doctored so i could show you what i mean, the new "Catagory" is marked in Red
So you must excuse the fact that i knocked that up in dialog studio, and so havent alligned the items, but you should
all get the general idea (i wasnt going to create a set for all the icons that would take up too much time)

ShadowDemon
mIRC V6.03

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Do you know that you can use a bmp, png or jpg to replace the buttons? /background -u [color:green]buttons.bmp[/color]

Being able to use icons would be nice, especially if it was added with the ability to add your own buttons to the toolbar (suggested somewhere else).

S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Yeah i do know that you can use your own bmp, jpg, png to replace the original button pic, but i found this to be a pain,
esp with one icon that i used, i converted it to a gif, resized it and then pasted over the toolbar over the portion i wanted to edit, but when i loaded the toolbar up in mIRC, the picture was screwed up, that why i thought about using icons to replace the toolbar.bmp or whatever it's called and then the icons are kept modular and nice, and if users have XP they can use the new XP icons.

On the second note about the "5" slots, yeah, i picked 5 but you could have 10, 20, 30 or daft number, but bear in mind some people dont have super fast computers so set a limit to the number within reason, keeping it low will stop people complaining about how many (if the number was high) slots there is, but ofcourse you dont want it set to low and people complaing theres not enough slots smirk

ShadowDemon
mIRC V6.03

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience

Link Copied to Clipboard