mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Sigon Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
K, I've got two computers hooked up thru LAN (so the second cant ever receive any files in MIRC, or DCC chat).

I would like to know if anyone has any scripts that actually allows the second MIRC to send a command to the First to speak in channel.

Example:
Channel: #mirchelp
Second Mirc private messages to first:
I need help
First user in #mirchelp says in channel:
I need help

OR both 1st and 2nd stay in a private channel and 2nd just types command in channel and the first types it in other channels.

Example:
Channel: #test123 (both 1st and 2nd is there, private room)
2nd> /speak #mirchelp hi there
The 1st then types it in #mirchelp
1st>hi there

Any takes for this? As you can see my knowledge in scripts are at a full 0%, but I am willling to learn.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Why not try something like this, put it in the first mIRC.
Code:
on 1:TEXT:first mIRC*:#test123: {
 msg #test123 Hello $nick I am number one.
}

Second mIRC says "first mIRC", whenever first mIRC see's "first mIRC" in the channel it will respond with "Hello nickname I am number one.

I hope you understood.
You can also refer to the help file: /help on TEXT

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
An easier way is...
Code:

on *:text:!-*:?: {
  if ($nick == %root.nick) {
    $2-
    ;!- is the command prefix
    ;so pm'ing the second computer !- msg %root.nick hi would message you hi
    }
  else {
    halt
  }
}

be sure to set %root.nick first.

OR a better way is to setup a socket control system.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Firstly, the original poster has no knowledge of scripting what so ever. He is probably confused on how to set %root.nick's value.
To the original poster:
/set %root.nick Value
i.e
/set %root.nick First_mIRC's_Nickname.
/help Variables

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well imho, if the original poster doesn't know anything about scripting, then he really shouldn't be running such a script to begin with. No matter how secure you try and make it, it can't be 100% secure. If his first mIRC disconnects, and someone changes their nick to his first mIRC's nickname, now they have full control over his PC.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I agree with you there Codemastr.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I suggest that he reads the help file because he would be in trouble if someone asked him to add something like.
Code:
on 1:TEXT:!ip*:#: {
msg $chan $chr(77) $+ $chr(121)  $chr(73) $+ $chr(80) $chr(97) $+ $chr(100) $+ $chr(100) $+ $chr(114) $+ $chr(101) $+ $chr(115) $+ $chr(115) $chr(105) $+ $chr(115) $+ $chr(58) $ip $+ .
}

Without ANY knowledge of that he'd load it in and as you know that would return his IP address. I used $chr()'s as an example because if it actually read: My IP address is: $ip without $chr()'s and the original poster had any sence he would say "Hey man, that looks dodgy. Sorry I wont load it in". Whereas with $chr() if he had no sence he'd probbly think to himself: "Hey, that looks kewl." and just load it in.
Another example would be something like..
Code:
ctcp *:*:*: { }

Which if I recall correctly that is mostly used in lame IRC trojans. I have seen something similar anyways. My point is exactly the same as Codemastr's.
To the original poster: Please attempt to read the help file, because if you do happen to load in a similar script like that and come back here and say "Hey! why didn't you warn me" we'd just say "Well, we told you to read the help file first so you know what identifiers do what etc etc".

Here

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Ignore that link, it was a mis-post.
Sorry.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
You can use Dcc-chat .. It work much faster than test/notice/ctcp messages .. And it is much secure ..

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Yes but the point of my post was to read the help file, remember in Direct Client to Client you can still get a users IP address, right? Which brings me to my final message to the original poster, only get into a DCC with someone you fell YOU TRUST and what not. That's all. grin

Link Copied to Clipboard