mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
L
Three questions on this subject...

1: How to stop mIRC from copying "extra" characters when a colored text is selected and copied with Ctrl-C? (An example - I don't know if it will be pasted here correctly - "[00#channelnam] Clones: 2 from cloneguy (attackoftheclone) CtrlF1 whois; "). The text is filled with extra symbols and numbers to display the colors... and pasting something like that results in a mess... How to make mIRC copy just pure ASCII text, without any extra characters?

2: Sometimes when I select some text and copy it - Ctrl-C - the selected text isn't actually copied; instead, the whole *block* in which it is gets copied. I got kicked from a channel once because I copied a line of text (so I thought) and pasted it - and then I found that the whole block was actually what got copied, and of course if flooded the channel. Now whenever I copy something in mIRC, I check it in an empty window before pasting it anywhere (and I see this unintended "block copying" happen often - a bug?)

3: Is there any other shortcut than the normally accepted Ctrl-A, to select all text in a window for copying? Ctrl-A doesn't work, and scrolling and selecting it all with a mouse is quite tedious.

TIA...

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
1) To not copy the extra characters simply don't press Ctrl+C. Just selecting the text automatically copies it. This most likely also explains 2).

3) There's no way to do it that I'm aware of. I would imagine it's rare for someone to want to copy the entire window buffer, so the feature may not exist.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
1: You don't need to press ctrl+c to copy text, just select it and it automatically goes to clipboard without the control codes in it, holding down ctrl when you release the mouse button makes it include the control codes.

2: Never experienced that

3: Don't believe so, although you can save all the text in the active window to a file using //savebuf $active [color:green]text.txt[/color]

Edit:
You can also make a script to copy it all to clipboard, although it will be slow depending on how many lines you have your window buffer set to.

Link Copied to Clipboard