Print Thread
#38713 28/07/03 08:35 AM
B
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
(my first time posting plz understand)
Hi there all i was just wondering i am a long time regular user of mirc some 6yrs or so and what i would now like to do is i have recently started a message board with a java chat room that is also mirc compatible but a few members are having issues with using mirc.
I would like to maybe have a go or maybe there is a script out there that lets you use your own backgrounds eg- a pic of my own in the main chat area of the room,or in the status window. I have had scripts in the past with mountains and cartoon characters as backgrounds but i've not been into mirc for a year or so lately so lost touch a little bit with it, but now with my new message board room and some 50 odd members i wanted to maybe make a mirc that is fun for members to use, inline with the music board it is associated with.
How would one go about making a mirc like this with music pictures as backgrounds and then making it user friendly so i could set it up as i liked, to the server my room is on and straight to my room ect ect all of which i sorta can do now that part anyways, zip it (lil unsure of that also zipping aswell) and having it be easily able to send to users. Either via my message board or dcc email? I am not asking for anyone to do this for me just some pointers in the right direction?
It maybe just simple as getting a mirc script that can change backgrounds which would be great if that is the case, thought i would ask here and see where it goes from here. I have done some looking into different scripts and stuff over last couple of weeks just need some helpful tipz anyone thank you for reading this cheers bandicoot :-)

#38714 28/07/03 09:13 AM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
you can try /background -- to learn about it, type /help /background in your mirc window.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
#38715 28/07/03 10:50 AM
B
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
Yes yes LocutusofBorg that is exactly what i want to do sorta now how do i make them stay/save as them pictures in each window if i can? How is it possible to make them a fixed screen as such and then zip up a mirc with them as the screen pic'z i dunno if i using correct termonolgy so i can send it to my members of my message board so when they open up the version of mirc in the status window will have say a pic of the whole band in the main chat room with a solo member and private windows with another solo member picture hope you can understand what i mean, that is exactly what i am looking to do have say 3 or 4 different pic'z in say one for status window one for main window and one for private windows thank you for ya help so far cheerz bandicoot

#38716 28/07/03 11:49 AM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
/background has an option to set an image as default. A simple on *:START: background -e filename should do the trick I think. As for the custom pics per window, it should be scriptable. Something similar to on *:OPEN:?: background $nick $+($nick,jpg)

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
#38717 29/07/03 05:00 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
If i am understanding you correctly, i must remind you of this from Khaled's FAQ :

Question: Can I create a custom version of the mIRC distribution files, or distribute mIRC as part of my script?
Answer: Sorry, this is not permitted by the distribution license.
If you are creating a script, you must distribute your script as a separate file, and ask users to visit the mIRC website to download mIRC if they don't already have it installed.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#38718 30/07/03 08:45 AM
B
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
Yep no worries Para i understand that also i wont do nothing against the rules of mirc prolly my wording of thingz was not correct thankz for pointing it out to me cheerz from bandy :-)

Link Copied to Clipboard