Print Thread
L
loser Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
L
Hello,

Somebody call the Governor! When I first began using mIRC I had no trouble connecting to any of the IRC servers, but for the past two months I've been getting this dreadful error message:

* [10053] Software caused connection abort

I know there is nothing wrong with mIRC, nor my OS because when I go to the library and connect my laptop to their LAN to access the Internet, I’m able to connect to any of the IRC servers just like in the past. I only get the 10053 error message when I'm connected to my ISP at home via dial-up. I would appreciate any explanation(s) telling me what’s wrong with my ISP and explaining to me how my ISP can fix this problem so that everything will be fine, so that I’m able to connect to the various IRC servers again, and so that I can continue to support my addiction to IRC.

Thanks,
loser

P.S. I think Khaled should remove the trout slap from the next release of mIRC because I find it extremely violent, and why would Khaled want to include a ‘trout’ slap in mIRC if he eats veggies? What about throwing tomatoes?

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
There's at least 3 interesting threads about this subject. Use the search feature.

- cF
Dedicated helper for rent.
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ok this topic has been discussed in very very great depth already ... but to help clarify it for u ill explaina short version of it ...... possibly the reason your connecting well on a lan is that u have better lines to the internet ..... some dialups are based solely upon how many hops it takes to get from point a to b ..... sometimes it may be as many as 12 -15 ...... each hop takes your connection speed away ...... if you remain idle for any amount of time .. your pc then thinks the connection is dead and it disconnects the irc server you were trying to stay on ....... now this is just one possible solution .. id recommend using the search feature expanding the date range and typing in 10053 as the search id ..... its kinda more prone to win xp and 2k from what im understanding and i used to have it happen all the time to me using the xp built in firewall ....... i disabled that and then started using zone alarm and ive not got that message since

D3m0nnet.com
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Quote:

P.S. I think Khaled should remove the trout slap from the next release of mIRC because I find it extremely violent, and why would Khaled want to include a ‘trout’ slap in mIRC if he eats veggies? What about throwing tomatoes?

Well I think KingTomato may take offense to the abuse of innocent tomatoes. grin

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
...and why would Khaled want to include a ‘trout’ slap in mIRC if he eats veggies?

Cos fish isn't meat.

I think the trout should go too, but be replaced by Barramundi, it's bigger and heavier and gives a bigger wallop.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
i think we can do without a ton of posts based on fish vs meat

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard