mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#34994 08/07/03 03:18 PM
R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
There is, I believe, a feature missing for the on ^*:LOGON trigger: the possibility to change your nickname, without breaking any other functionality. Either of the following two solutions would do:

1) being able to change the primary nickname with /nick, or
2) being able to get the password of the server that is being connected to.

The idea behind this, is that I would like to randomize my nickname when I'm connecting to a Quakenet server, and change it back as soon as I've set usermode +x (to avoid trigger-happy DoS kiddies).

I've seen other scripts do this, but those set a random nickname on START and DISCONNECT (and that's pretty ugly, imho), simply because a script with on ^LOGON is not able to change the nickname without the loss of at least the server's password: /nick in an on ^LOGON event does not change the primary nickname, but instead only sends the specified nickname to the server, and then mIRC immediately overrides this by sending the primary nickname in the NICK/USER pair, even though for example /fullname does work in this situation (hence my suggested solution #1). /halt'ing the event is also not an option, since it currently appears to be impossible to retrieve and send the password of the server (hence solution #2).

Or have I overlooked something?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Code:
on ^*:LOGON:*:{
  PASS $server($server).pass
  NICK thenickname
  USER $gettok($email,1,64) " $+ $gettok($email,2,64) $+ " " $+ $server $+ " $fullname
  halt
}

R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
That doesn't work if you use /server <server> <port> <pass> ...

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
/help /server

/server [-mnsar] <server/groupname> [port] [password] [-i nick anick email name] [-j #channel pass]

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no

Link Copied to Clipboard