L
leciel Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
L
god, board reset?

korea, japan use multibyte language

when click text in window, that word all broken.

i think that problem from.. maybe url catch function's failure or text clipboard process's failure

only multibyte language are broken (singlebyte language(english..etc) are safe)

so i posted this picture.

its serious core bug

X-iRc, the best korean mirc scripts
P
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
P
yes, i found it in 6.03, but it is ok in 6.02,
another problem in multibyte is, while catching urls like #pop, the actual capture postion is shifted right than visual, especially when a whois is done on a user and he/she is on so many channels, .

O
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
O
Yes, this problem is still here... I've not been able to find any information as to a workaround. The click problem that leciel mentions happens, as well as the same thing when you select text with multibye characters.

mIRC supposedly has a "Multibyte character" mode that "will improve the display, and mark/copy behaviour, of text containing multi-byte characters in mIRC windows" (under options -> irc -> messages) but it doesn't seem to matter whether I have that mode checked or not... it still has the same error.

Here's a screenshot (png, 15k). The top is the unselected, properly displayed text. The bottom is the selected, broken text.

I haven't had a chance to check this in 6.02; that's what I'll do next. But regardless, the bug is there in 6.03, and needs to be fixed.

Link Copied to Clipboard