mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
D
I think I may have found a few mIRC bugs regarding the "ignore" command when used in a text-flood protection script that I wrote. These "bugs" have been test found in mIRC 6.03 and 5.9 (my friends version).

The code in question:

ignore -cpu $+ %ignoresecs $nick 3

Firstly: The ignore works for a flood that's in progress in channel, but when tested in a private window it keeps adding the persons address to the ignore list, but the person isn't actually being ignored. Their text still comes through. mIRC prints in status...

* Added *!*TestClone@*.cdif.cable.ntl.com to ignore list for 30 secs
-
* Updated ignore switches for *!*TestClone@*.cdif.cable.ntl.com
-
* Updated ignore switches for *!*TestClone@*.cdif.cable.ntl.com

(Address of my test flood-clone)

The on text event covers text in both channel and private as shown below...

on *:TEXT:*:*: {

Secondly: If the "auto remove ignore after X secs" is set BELOW 30 secs, mIRC still removes the ignore at 30 secs. If the value is greater than 30 secs, it works as expected.

Any thoughts on the subject greatly appreciated smile

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
1) From the mIRC helpfile:
Note: If you have a /query window open with someone, private messages from them won't be ignored even if their address matches an ignore address.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
D
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
D
Hmmm. If that's the case, why does it work if you manually enter the address into the ignore list via the mIRC GUI?

Also, if you can't ignore a private window, then why is the option there?

Thanks for replying, btw smile

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
it works, close the window to make it work , it ignores the address like the on open event
here's an example how it works:
on ^*:open:?:halt
this won't open the window when some1 talking to u, but if it was open already so it won't do anything

D
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
D
Ahhh... ty scatman. The ignore DOES apply if you get mIRC to close the query straight after ignore is set smile

But this makes me wonder, is this a deliberate thing set by Khaled or is it a bug? I say this because if you manually ignore someone by adding their address to the ignore list via the GUI, it applies straight away without the query window needing to be closed first.

Quote:
Secondly: If the "auto remove ignore after X secs" is set BELOW 30 secs, mIRC still removes the ignore at 30 secs. If the value is greater than 30 secs, it works as expected.

Any ideas on that?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
that's just wrong, i checked that and it works fine
u probably have an /ignore alias or something

D
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
D
What is wrong? I'm saying what you told me to do was correct and it worked. Adding a /closemsg after the ignore made the ignore take effect smile

And I don't have an ignore alias.

Link Copied to Clipboard