mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
E
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
E
Does It possible to read a lines like
ex: $read(fichier.htm, 1) but with a Web page on the Net? I'm looking for an answer since a while

Last edited by enmauricie; 22/06/03 03:28 PM.

www.EnMauricie.com created in whole by an mIrc Script I made.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
/help sockets

new username: tidy_trax
H
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
H
what he said ^

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
do you mind if i can see that script that did your website?

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
mIRC can augment another language like PHP if you use files and timers in a clever (and cpu consuming) way. PHP has its limits, though it is fuggin awesome. You can have PHP write something to a file, telling mIRC what to do and then wait for the file to change. Use a timer that checks often to look at the file...

Anyway, before I get too ahead of myself and actually try to make something as godawful as that.. I think it would probly have something to do with sockets. Basically, a socket script that accepts connections on port 80 (the usual webpage port), checks certain info (the browser sends several lines to the webpage it connects to, such as GET <file> to retrieve a specific file) and then uses a /sockwrite to write back to the browser.

All things considered, seems like this method is not too great, since mIRC has to be loaded and it is slower than a webserver in C++. You get to brag about making your own webserver though, and you can add what features you want and not have to pay. Maybe its something I should consider, actually....

If you want to find out the kind of stuff your browser and a server send back and forth, get a packet viewer. Something like 'CommView', but that doesn't cost money. A program that just intercepts and reads packets shouldn't cost money, but I'm too lazy to go find another one, and I don't use it anymore anyway.

-------------
I am the self-appointed God of needlessly complex mIRCscript.

Link Copied to Clipboard