mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ya all are crazy ..... i bought a laser mouse for 7 bucks ... with a wheel on it and 3 buttons ....... i aint spending no 80 bucks for a mouse when i can get one for 7 bucks thats working perfectly fine

D3m0nnet.com
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
I may be crazy, and now I'm poor, but I have a DAMN good mouse grin <- I never thought I'd use one of these.

-------------
I am the self-appointed God of needlessly complex mIRCscript.
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Think of it like this...buying a mouse that damn expensive is like buying a piece of bubblegum for $12 knowing that you can get bubblegum for 25 cents...I dont know man...LOL that dont make sense...

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
But its like buying designer bubble gum with.. umm.. two times as many buttons!

-------------
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
is that $7 one wireless? Does it have a rechargable battery? Does it have forward/back buttons? Cruise Control scroll buttons? An application switch button? I think not! If you want the best, you gotta pay for it.

Oh and btw, I did pay $15 for a pack of gum. No one sells Zebrastripe gum anymore! And I must say it was the greatest gum ever made! I wound up having to import a box of it (10 packs) for $150 from Hong Kong. But it was worth every bit of it. PS: if anyone here has ever had zebrastripe gum, you know what I'm talking about smile

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
AMEN!

Nothing beats the MX700.

*neophyte hug's his sexy MX700

If it could have my babies, it would!

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
AMEN!

Nothing beats Zebrastripe gum.

*Raccoon hug's his sexy Zebra

If it could have my babies, they'd have stripes AND rings!

--------

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
I liked this kohii gomu stuff from Japan. It was like..crack.. in gum form.
Or.. caffeine in gum form. Its really the same though, isn't it? One stick though could make me shake. Mmm.

-------------
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
try Jolt gum.

G
GodGell Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
G
rofl.. wink good mice. hehe, a little descripition of my mouse:
Mouse dimension: 124.5(L) x 67.8 (W) x 39.5(H) mm
Mouse weight: 0.1kg
Container load: 19878 pcs/20', 39757 pcs/40'
EMI: FCC part 15, subpart B, class B, CE

5 programmable buttons
2 scrolls (for horizontal & vertical scroll)
optical moving
no tracking ball to clean
superfast & precise movement
works on almost all surfaces
very configurable with the iWheelWorks software

sorry for my bad english
watch out when you're in front of my scalar howitzer smile

Punks not dead!
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
hell no why would i ned a wireless mouse im sitting right infront of my pc ..... as for these extra buttons your speaking of ....... damn wtf for? 80 bucks for 2 extra buttons? ... actually one ..... cause my scroll wheel is clickable

D3m0nnet.com
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Copycat! :P

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
I just find it convenient to not have wires all over the place.

-------------
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
You make it sound like most of your wires are in front of you....most people put the wires behind their pc and place their mouse where the wires don't get caught in something....

G
GodGell Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
G
yeah, clickable scroll;)
one of the scrolls is clickable, 2 standard button (left & right), and 2 on the mouse's left & right side. this mouse was 5000 forints (22.07 usd).

and the wireless thing. yeah. i think wireless mice is only for the "loooooook i have wireless mouseeeeeee!" texts wink and at home, when accidentally mouse falls down from the desk, (or desktop or what), the normal mouse's cable takes it back from falling to the floor and cracking, but wireless mice are falllllling and then cracking (these mice have more height because of the battery, so more faster falling and more bigger cracking) wink and if u are using it with a laptop, and e.g. u are using your laptop at a bigbig place where mucchh ppl, a robber is picking up your mouse and when you see it he is going away with your mouse.. and while you are yelling after it ("heeeeeeeey he stolen my mouseeeeeeee heeeeey!!" lame people are laughing "why dont you take your mouse into a cage?") the robber comes back and steals your laptop:D so i think wireless mice are not really good.. just for lame ppl.

sorry for my bad english
watch out when you're in front of my scalar howitzer smile

Punks not dead!
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
rofl there's no answer to that. laugh

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
the normal mouse's cable takes it back from falling to the floor and cracking, but wireless mice are falllllling and then cracking (these mice have more height because of the battery, so more faster falling and more bigger cracking)

Well tell that to my "wireless mouse" aka an MS intellimouse that fell off the desk, and the wire got ripped out of it from the fall. And as for the logitech mouse, it's fallen off the desk 3 times, hasn't broken (and btw Logitech has a lifetime guarantee, MS does not), and I also did some testing including dropping it from 15ft (on to carpet), and it still didn't break. No physical damage (cracks, etc), and no internal damage (still works fine).
Quote:
and if u are using it with a laptop, and e.g. u are using your laptop at a bigbig place where mucchh ppl, a robber is picking up your mouse and when you see it he is going away with your mouse.. and while you are yelling after it ("heeeeeeeey he stolen my mouseeeeeeee heeeeey!!" lame people are laughing "why dont you take your mouse into a cage?") the robber comes back and steals your laptop:D

Umm ? Why does using it with a laptop imply in a big place? I use my wireless mouse (bluetooth rules!) and my laptop while sitting on my deck in back of my house. Not only is "many people" an overstatement, "1 person" is an overstatement, seeing as how there isn't anyone in sight. And if I was using it in a crowded place (and I have), I've yet to have anyone steal my mouse. Why you ask? Because I don't put it on a bench and then walk away. It's either right next to me, or right on my knee. So if someone can steal the mouse off my knee without me noticing, I'm sure they could just as easily yank a wired mouse out of the back of the laptop as well.

Quote:
so i think wireless mice are not really good.. just for lame ppl.

That reminds me of a story, one about the telephone. About 6 months before the telephone was invented, people said it would be "stupid" and "useless" to be able to transmit voice over a wire. Well looking back, we can clearly see they were 100% wrong. Most people own one or more telephones, and the Internet as we know it wouldn't even exist had it not been for telephones. My point is, just because you don't see the use of a wireless mouse does not make it useless. I can name several uses. I use one for powerpoint presentations on a projector screen. It allows me to walk around the room (one of the rules to being a good rhetorician is never stay in the same place for too long) when giving a presentation rather than having to sit at the computer desk and not even be able to look at my audience. I use one on my laptop because an "eraser head" mouse is just annoying to me, hard to use, and I figured why should I bother having to plug a mouse into the back of my laptop each time I want to use it rather than just taking advantage of my laptop's builtin bluetooth transmitter and simply having the mouse near it makes it work better? And on my desktop I use a wireless mouse because, well not everyone has a monitor that is right next to the tower.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Take heed Wireless Lubbers, for your new wireless gadgets are running on an ever narrowing swath of spectrum. Soon your wireless meece will go mouse-sh[b][/b]it whenever someone comes within distance with their wireless device. It's already a major problem in office buildings, with wireless keyboards and mice having to be banned from use.

There is only a fixed amount of spectrum available on Earth. With the FCC trying to manage the cellular jam they're even trying to kill analog television just so they can sell more swath to cell and other digital content providers... at the expense of your portible/travel and remote location tv channels. (no more rabbit ear UHF/VHF) IMHO, most wireless devices are 'nifty gadgets' with no real purpose except to make money.

Tailed-mice are faster, dont have batteries to change/charge, and don't suffer from interference... ditto for all other things WIRE-FULL. Tailed-mice are also more accurate than wireless mice, which is important if you photoshop. Notice how a wireless mouse blinks instead of being always on... and when you move it steadily and consistantly, the mouse skips a beat every 8 seconds or so leaving you with a crappy line. (At least the display models I've played with at BestBuy and Gateway Country.)

- Raccoon

Last edited by Raccoon; 24/06/03 08:24 PM.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Ok so there was an answer. Unsurprisingly provided by codemastr. laugh

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Wireless mice blink? Hmm guess my MX700 is broken then, cause it doesn't blink at all. The LED dims when it isn't sensing movement, but my wired Intellimouse Explorer did the same thing so thats not a feature characteristic of wireless mice. Oh and btw, when I'm using photoshop (well GIMP, cause I'm cheap), I do like the real graphics designers, I put the mouse down and pull out my Wacom Intuos2 drawing tablet, it has 1000x more accuracy than any mouse on the market. Plus the features that a mouse simply can't offer such as pressure sensitivity and tilt recognition. Oh and btw, guess what? The Wacom tablet (which is considered one of the best, if not the best, tablet there is), uses a wireless pen.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard