mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
When will there be an upgrade for mIRC and will it fix this problem?

Milo: "Scarlet Needle!!!"
D
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
D
Hi,

I have almost read anything in this thread to get a dcc send work. Followed all links that where usefull tried them out still no succes...asked around 10 irc experts in several channels 2 help me with the problem still no succes.

stats:

i'm using mirc v6.16
smc 2804WBR router
cable connection

I have all ports forwarded that needs to, i set all needed settings in irc as they should be:
localinfo: on connect, always get (*) |localhost|
lookup method: (*) |Server|. ports are set as: 54000-54019 forwarded them in my router.

Still nothing works, i'm trying to get this all working since yesterday evening. dcc chat/sends to me work but not the other way around...anybody got suggestions?

-EdiT- Never Mind my question....i got like all crazy in my router and search for several things so i just put up my firewall and setup dmz (why didn't i thought of that sooner confused) and it worked... laugh -

Last edited by dragonlord; 19/12/04 07:39 PM.
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
I had the same problem with my Cisco DSL router. Turns out that I had to update the IOS to the latest version, I was two or more versions out of date. Once done, the port mappings recommended throughout this thread works as advertised.

#289 15/02/05 06:52 PM
G
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
G
ok
im on a xp - dsl
i was using a router - not now (i took it out of the router and have it going from modem to the computer )

my ip's look to be the same : irc and client
irc options seem to be set ok - firewall clicked off
local host - server method

but it still wont dcc send frown

S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
Can you please explain that once again cause i'm having the same problem

P
Babel fish
Babel fish
P
There is a design flaw for D-Link 704P Models, and by the looks of things, I believe it isn't specific to that model...

https://forums.mirc.com/s...p;page=0#116670

Quote:
Can you please explain that once again cause i'm having the same problem

Kn0wledge Is Thee P0wer!!!!
#292 23/02/05 04:48 AM
C
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
C
I haven't seen this posted but I found another cause of DCC Sends not working. If in ports range for connections you have others checked it will use up your ports for just connecting to servers. And if your on more servers then ports in your range well... sends will get a random port. So if anyone is having problems with sends not working with a router and you have it configured proper check to see if you have others checked in the port range options...

#293 09/06/05 06:55 PM
L
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
L
I have the D-Link 704P Router and my problem is that I can't resume any send that I make, I've read almost all the post and recomendations that are here but still I'm not sure if the problem is within the mirc or the router and if there's a way to fix it...

#294 16/06/05 06:37 PM
S
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
S
Hi there,

I am trying to dcc send, but it does not work out as it should. When debugging, the dcc send looked like this:

-> irc.server.net PRIVMSG mike :DCC SEND 20_Fav_Bands.txt 334

Note how it's missing some stuff. (Encrypted IP/PORT or something).

I am behind a router and have tried to forward the ports. /localinfo -u shows my real hostname/ip. So no problems there, I assume.

What could be causing this?

Thanks

#295 16/06/05 07:22 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
How are you trying to send? I'm not sure why you're getting a PRIVMSG thing for a DCC Send....

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
#296 16/06/05 07:54 PM
S
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
S
It's from /debug - DCC's are sent by PRIVMSG - since they're a CTCP, which is also sent by PRIVMSG with the $chr(1) block.

That's what happens when you /dcc send nick file

#297 26/09/05 04:23 AM
S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
Yet another unable to DCC Send post to add to the bunch =( I can't find a resolution to help me out of all these posts.

I can DCC Receive, DCC Chat, but cannot DCC Send. I am using the following setup:

mIRC 6.16 Registered Version
DSL Connection (Earthlink)
Additional Scripts: OmenServ version 2.52

Windows XP Home SP1 (Windows Firewall disabled)
-- Windows Firewall not enabled on LAN connection
-- Using ZoneAlarm, gave mIRC Access/Server permissions and enabled advanced program control to use other programs

Network Anywhere NR041 Router
-- Setup as a DMZ
-- Able to host internet multiplayer games
-- haven't tried bypassing router (cat5 cable too short! frown)

mIRC Options (detects right external IP)

Connect > Options:
Default Port 6667
DCC Checked in Advanced; Range is 1024-7895

Connect > Local Info:
Local Host, IP Address - correct
Local Host checked, IP Address Checked
Lookup Method Server

DCC > Server:
DCC Enabled
Listens on Port 59
Send, Chat, FServe checked
Perform DNS lookup unchecked

Please respond, can give IM or email information on request. Additional information can be provided as well. This is bugging the &@*@ out of me. confused I've tried using a backup version of mIRC from my D:\ partition without script loaded, no dice. Haven't bypassed router yet, but I have it setup as DMZ, so figuring it's either a stupid mIRC setting or DSL issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#298 29/09/05 05:27 AM
T
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
T
Here's my problem:

I've read all the posts on this and related threads. DCC still not working. I'm running DSL, nothing firewalled, ports are forwarded... but I still get something interesting. Upon connecting to a network, mIRC finds my external IP correctly (66.*.*.*). However, when I try to DCC send/chat, it's initiated with my WAN/DSL IP (172.*.*.*)... I've tried to configure the NAT and it's opened up 2-way communication finally. But mIRC still isn't picking it up. I'm currently playing with the IP Route Table configuration in my DSL modem's integrated router (192.*.*.*).

If anyone has any comments or advice, please let me know. I'm running all latest software, firmware updated, using Broadmax router, JUST found the user manual online finally (despite vendor's website is down) but still proving to be of no help.

-Thanks!

#299 30/09/05 10:59 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Options >> connect >> localinfo .. check Localhost and server

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
#300 12/10/05 06:02 PM
T
T
check for what? i've done already checked all that... i haven't found a combination that works yet... if anyone's using DSL and can dcc send... let me know what mirc settings you have. thanks

#301 12/10/05 08:23 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
He meant to make sure you have those two checked. laugh

Server instead of Normal and Local Host instead of IP.

Though, for some reason, my computer decided suddenly to no longer send anything when using Server... I'm not sure why. I just started getting complaints that our rules file wasn't being sent anymore. After testing, I found that Server didn't work anymore and I had to use Normal. frown

Invision Support
#302 12/10/05 08:30 PM
T
T
oh yeah, i have localhost and server checked... still no dice. i'm at a loss as to what route to take from here... it's really frustrating. even my isp can't figure out what the problem is

#303 30/10/05 09:34 AM
J
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
J
I still could not send after all the dcc and ident port setting in the router and a dozen other configurations. I read masses of help pages and talked to dozens of ops in a multitude of help channels. In the end, just connecting to IRC servers via port 6666 instead of 6667 resolved all problems. (NetComm NB1300 ADLS Router).

If anyone has an explanation for this I'd be interested to know.

#304 11/11/05 06:43 AM
T
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
T
Since I cant find out how to make a new post without replying to someone else, I must do it this way. Anyway, moving onto my question.

Been having trouble with sending. I've read forums, help files on both OS and mIRC and the works, can't find my own related problem. I know if I cant establish a dcc chat then i wont be able to send period. When I let mIRC configure my own IP Address, it comes up with what it does but nothing was working, even having the Localhost checked and Server marked. Opened up AIM and right clicked > insert > IP Address and got a completely different ip. So I tried that IP in the IP address and tried to establish a dcc chat. I was able to successfully do so with myself. I tried to send a file to myself, and I could.

Problem arises now that I cant send to other people. Under DCC Server options in mIRC, I have Enable DCC Server checked and Perform DNS lookup and it's listening to port 6667. Under Connection Options, Default Port is 6667. No firewall is set up. Suggestions?

#305 11/11/05 03:53 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Sounds like a router problem. If you have a router, go to http://www.portforward.com/ and set it up properly.

Also, to post, there is a POST link in the top/right of the forum.

Invision Support
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard