mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#30050 18/06/03 07:14 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
If you go to www.goodyear.co.uk then it's spelled 'tyre'. There may well be something similar for dunlop aswell, I didn't bother checking. So basically it's down to localisation (and the incorrect assumption that .com == USA).

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#30051 18/06/03 08:22 PM
J
Jerk Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
J
Quote:
Agreed, but thats because apparently you think this will make mIRC better, I think it will make mIRC scripts harder to read.

I guess it looks a little harder to read but not dramatically. It's not like one can pull apart a full featured script and follow it effortlessly. Custom aliases and identifiers will have you bouncing all over.

Quote:
There are 3 mode params "mymode, nickmode, nicknotmode" you know how many hundreds of people are going to be posting "my script doesn't work!" and the reason is because they had the order of those parameters wrong?

It should be pretty easy to show them how to fix it. It's just as easy to typo somewhere else in the script and not have it work.

Quote:
It doesn't solve problems really, and it is confusing. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the current way being so difficult/slow/etc. that it requires a rewrite.

I see people haggling over a few milliseconds in an event/alias all the time. There is another suggestion to add a /benchmark command just so it would be easier to test. This has the possibility of speeding things up by limiting how/when to run an event.

What do you think of the CID field? Would you rather it be a network/server field or have no field at all? If you don't like the MYMODE field then would you like to see a prefix for +h or +v? What about a prefix making the matchkey case sensitive.

I'd like to thank you for the post. We may disagree but I'd rather disagree over the details than go back and forth about wheels and tires/tyres. If a person feels a suggestion is not an improvement I'd rather hear why instead of "don't reinvent the wheel" or "you can script it"

#30052 20/06/03 11:03 AM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I never actually said that this would be better. I just simply made the point that if something can be improved upon, then at least look into improving it, and if the idea is good, then try and implement it.

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)
#30053 20/06/03 05:20 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard