mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
V
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
V
Hi! I used to be an addicted IRC-lover, but recently, hardly any Dalnet-server seems to work for me anymore. The only ones that do work sporadically are hotspeed and mesra, but they're full most of the times. I haven't been able to get on for over a month, and I don't think it's my own fault, cause SOMETIMES I am able to get on. Is there anything I can do?

What's love got to do with it?
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
At the time of your post, DALnet had had only a few servers. As far as I know, this is not due to attacks, I don't know why it is.

kernel.ga.us.dal.net, one of DALnet's largest servers, has been down most of today for maintenance. It's now up and running again. It should be a little easier to connect to mesra.* and hotspeed.* soon.

The irc.dal.net does occasionally get opened, broadway.ny.us.dal.net gets routed to it it would seem.

If you're in a country around Norway (UK, France, Germany, Holland, Sweden etc) then you might be able to connect to powertech.no.eu.dal.net. It's a pretty closed server, however, I'm from England and can connect easily, and I have some Swedish/Dutch friends that connect to it easily.

You can see a list of DALnet servers here for future reference.

Happy chattin'

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
V
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
V
Hello, Mentality.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. In fact, I do live in Holland, but servers like Powertech, Ced and Borg don't work for me either. I will try the servers you named later, and I guess I'll just keep on trying till one of those servers let me on. At least I'm glad I'm not the only one who has these problems. Thank you.

What's love got to do with it?
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
obviously if the server is full, it isnt your fault. you might also try different ports in the servers range. (ie /server servername portnumber)
i think ced has from 6662-6669,7000 and arcor from 6661-6669,7000

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow

Link Copied to Clipboard