mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Cliff Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
C
ok in my channel i like to auto voice and auto devoice when guys run there Fserv and with out them haveing to say a word. in the channel there is a @server window which all Fserv server adv get posted every 20 mins odd can i rec that info and then if they do not put a adv there every 20 mins they get auto devoice been looking about for addons to do this for months now any help would be great Thax From Cliff in London confused

N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
First of all, let me be the first to say to you that it doesnt take a programmer to script in mIRC... Second, if I recall reading on this fourm is that mIRC is a IRC Chat Client and not an FSERV client so questios conserning them shouldnt be answered.

We don't just write the scripts, we put them to the test! (ScriptBusters)
C
Cliff Offline OP
OP Offline
C
hm well the FServ is a addon to Mirc program like XDCC!
And 2nd as no command is sent to the channel when they stop there server the only way is to write a program in cc+ vb what ever to rec all of the server Advert going on in the channel and then output that info to the Mirc program to devoice now i know that much i think there is no need to show your seft up more by replaying to this as you have show me you know what u talking about...

B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
It's perfectly possible to write something in mIRC to achieve this, despite what the previous poster says.

K
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
K
Naki, if mirc wasnt meant to use FSERV, why the heck was FSERV put into the damn thing. Next Time Think Before You Post.

keek: Scots - intr.v. keeked, keekĀ·ing, keeks
To peek; peep.
K
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
K
Quote:
hm well the FServ is a addon to Mirc program like XDCC!

Fserv is NOT an Addon to mirc, it IS a part of mirc, hell, its even got options built into mirc jsut for Fserv.

Quote:
And 2nd as no command is sent to the channel when they stop there server the only way is to write a program in cc+ vb what ever to rec all of the server Advert going on in the channel and then output that info to the Mirc program

Writing in C++ or VB is not nessecsary to accomplish this. Although i am not too sure the best way to do this, i DO know that you would use "on TEXT" events and maybe variables or a hash table. i fiddle around with some and get back to ya later.

keek: Scots - intr.v. keeked, keekĀ·ing, keeks
To peek; peep.
C
Cliff Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thax you keeker
Fserv Advert come up evey 20 mins but if they stop there Fserv it will not sent that they have in to the channel thats why i thought Text event would not work? could a you make a Text Event with a Timer in it? would that work.

A
A
if you already have a script to determine when an add is posted, then unvoicing after some time is easy.

All you have to do is keep an hash that uses the voiced nicks as keys and the value is the last time that nick posted an add [use $ctime for this]. Then you could have a timer that periodicaly checks all entries in this hash to see if the difference between current time and the time in the hash is a number that would mean they're not serving anymore... in that case, devoice the dude.

hope you can script it from here smile

C
Cliff Offline OP
OP Offline
C
sounds very good ardoRic well what about a time to devoice them every hour from when they where voiced and then the standned auto voice will voice them again when there fserv advert comes up again would that work?

A
A
possibly...
everytime their add pops up, the timer would be redifined so they would only get devoiced if they didnt anounce for one hour... but that would mean having a timer for every server on your channel, and i've seen channels with a lot of servers... this way is simpler, but fills you with timers... it's your choice though

C
Cliff Offline OP
OP Offline
C
would anyone help me out with this as i am new to writeing this code?

N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
Read This?

Like I said before... mIRC is a chat client, not a file server.

We don't just write the scripts, we put them to the test! (ScriptBusters)
B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
Quote:
would anyone help me out with this as i am new to writing this code?

I'll help you out if need be, I'm the author of the mIRC script dccAssist

Email or private message me the details of the channel.

Link Copied to Clipboard