mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#28906 09/06/03 10:35 PM
M
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
An on resize event would be helpful to people who like to use picture windows for various things.

A possible use of such an event - which would hopefully happen whenever channel windows are resized as well - would be to adjust the way text appears on a picture window (since we start getting into even more complicated considerations if we try to take into account how there could be graphics on either side of the text).

Another use of the event would be to allow scripters to automatically adjust the positioning of tool/picture windows which might be intended to serve as an accessory to the channel window being resized.

To sum it up, an On *:Resize event would help scripters make special adjustments desired now that a channel or picture window is being resized.

I'm not specifically asking for the ability to stop a resize from taking place.

#28907 10/06/03 01:11 AM
N
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
N
What I do is just have a timer that runs as often as possible that checks to see if the size of the window has changed. If it has, the window was resized. smile

#28908 10/06/03 01:44 AM
M
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
To do that, you have to set up a timer function that will "check" every window you have open to see whether or not anything - which includes x-pos, y-pos, width, height, whether or not the window is even open, and (if I'm not mistaken) mIRC's appstate - has changed since the last check.

Its plainly inefficient, IMO. Testing every single window for changes takes time. Not too much time, but it would still be more efficient if mIRC reported it instead.

Then there's the reality that while a timer function would work appropriately, it would not 'look' nice. If you have a delay of five seconds, then there's a chance the update might not happen for five seconds. If you have a delay of one second, you have mostly-useless checks placing a bothersome load on the system.

#28909 10/06/03 02:03 PM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
I agree with this feature suggestion. To supplement it though, mIRC should be able to resize/move existing dialog controls, like you can do with MDX.

Link Copied to Clipboard